In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Maple gathering

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by papadave, Oct 29, 2013.

  1. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,983
    Likes Received:
    312,190
    Location:
    Central MI
    It won't be long before the snow is flying Dave. Then you maybe can slow down.
     
  2. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Well, we've had a bit already....there will be more.:)
    I'm not going fast enough to slow down.:rofl: :lol:
     
    HDRock likes this.
  3. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Speaking of snow.....it's been snowing on and off most of the day.
    Gotta' love Michigan. I guess.:thumbs:
    ETA: Forgot to mention that I took down a leaner yesterday (another Maple), and got it bucked up.
    Wheelbarrowed it over to the splitting area for whenever I can get to it (only a short distance from the tree). The other trunk of the tree should come down too, since there's rot at the crotch where it split.
    Pics forthcoming.
     
  4. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,983
    Likes Received:
    312,190
    Location:
    Central MI
    I figured you'd be getting it today Dave. Ours is coming later. 26 tonight so rain should be albino stuff.
     
  5. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Ok, here's the pics I promised. Again, it's not much, but it's adding up nicely.
    By the time I get the rest of this tree, I should have replaced almost a cord of Maple that I put in the shed.
    IMG_20131102_182255_673[1].jpg IMG_20131102_182402_372[1].jpg
     
    Backwoods Savage and HDRock like this.
  6. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Almost done ;)