In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Manual for Poulan Countervibe 3750?

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by 343amc, Oct 5, 2013.

  1. 343amc

    343amc

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,749
    Likes Received:
    5,770
    Location:
    Northeast Lower Michigan
    Anyone out there have a manual for a Poulan Countervibe 3750, or know what pitch chain it requires? Seems that Poulan recycled the model numbers and all I can find for the 3700 series are the newer 'plastic' Poulans. This one is all metal. And heavy.

    This was my dads saw. He bought it sometime in the early 80s, I think around 1983. It runs good, but the original bar is pretty much shot and the chains that were left over with it are at the end of their useful life. I'd like to get a new bar and chain and maybe do a partial (or possibly full) resto. I've got lots of memories of being in the woods with my dad and him using that saw when I was a kid. He ran the Poulan and I ran an old eager beaver. :)
     
  2. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC
    343, I would ask GuidoSalvage if he doesn't chime in here. He posted a pic in the chainsaw pics thread and it looks like he's got a whole bunch of those old counter vibes.
     
  3. thistle

    thistle

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,736
    Likes Received:
    9,757
    Location:
    Polk/Guthrie Counties,IA
    3/8 pitch,20 inch bar .050 gauge with 70 drivers. Same bar/chain fits most of the mid size older Mac's too.Such as the ProMac 55,555,Mac 10-10,Pro Mac 610,Super Pro 60 etc.

    Reprints & original manuals seem to be fairly common.Ebay has them quite often I noticed.
     
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
    MasterMech likes this.
  4. 343amc

    343amc

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,749
    Likes Received:
    5,770
    Location:
    Northeast Lower Michigan
    Thanks. I did troll deeper into the interweb last night and found a service manual. When I went and looked at the saw its actually a Countervibe 3700, not 3750. Guess I don't know my own saw. I was going to try to edit the post but I couldn't find a way to edit it.