In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Making grilling "grate" again

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by Eggshooterist, May 22, 2024.

1. Barcroftb

Barcroftb

:rofl: :lol:

2. Eggshooterist

Eggshooterist

20240524_164610.jpg
    20240524_164557.jpg 20240524_164600.jpg

3. Jeffrey Svoboda

Jeffrey Svoboda

4. Eggshooterist

Eggshooterist

There has been, for as long as I can remember, several fat contents of ground beef available. Todays cost is not because of those choices.

Last edited: May 26, 2024
  5. Jeffrey Svoboda

Jeffrey Svoboda

I understand it's not the amount of choices that have caused the price increase but..... I remember them having ground beef and lean ground beef. As if having multiple "assembly lines" or running different product on the same line doesn't add cost. Ground beef was getting expensive before the pandemic at what, $4/lb. I have no idea what it costs now, I'm to poor to know. Lol. Seriously tho.... the amount of choices is ridiculous and unnecessary but that's the world we live in. I'm just a simple boy that makes due with what he's got. I just can't see the point in 3 different fat contents.

6. Jeffrey Svoboda

Jeffrey Svoboda

I'm all ears if someone can explain the best use for each fat contest available and why.

T.Jeff Veal and brenndatomu like this.
  7. Eggshooterist

Eggshooterist

They aren't necessarily made on a completely different line just because the fat content is different. In fact I have a friend that is a supervisor at a local meat processor. They supply a lot of stores with all the things the process there. they run multiple fat content and species across the same lines. Like I said, the choices have been there longer than you've been breathing. I know because I've been grocery shopping nearly as long as you have been alive. In addition, I was a stocker at a large local grocery store for 4 years during high school and a year after.

I'm beginning to wonder if you are the most negative person I've had a conversation with. :confused:

8. Eggshooterist

Eggshooterist

Who gives an eff? Buy and eat what you want / like. Seriously.

9. Jeffrey Svoboda

Jeffrey Svoboda

I very well could be. I dont necessary mean to come off that way, I'm mostly just trying to understand the world i have to live in. Didnt mean to get under your skin.

10. Eckie

Eckie

Fat is typically associated with/equals more flavor and moisture. Some folks would rather have leaner/healthier options. Some folks don't care if they wallow in fat.

Some cows are leaner than others...there are instances where they have to mix fat in to get to the higher fat content offerings.

11. Eggshooterist

Eggshooterist

You don't have to live in anything. I'm sure Venezuela or some other "utopia will accept you. Lol

T.Jeff Veal likes this.
  12. Eggshooterist

Eggshooterist

I use a lean beef for meat loaf as the ingredients are the binder / flavor enhancer. I use something around the 80/20 zone for grilling because it tastes better like you said.

metalcuttr, T.Jeff Veal and Eckie like this.
  13. Jeffrey Svoboda

Jeffrey Svoboda

I'll just keep to myself from now on. Have a good one.

T.Jeff Veal likes this.
  14. Eggshooterist

Eggshooterist

Just picked up 108 pounds of Kingsford professional charcoal at Costco. On sale for $17 and change per 36 pound pack.

metalcuttr and T.Jeff Veal like this.
  15. Eggshooterist

Eggshooterist

Do as you wish but, before you go, I'll give you my perspective and why I reacted the way I did.

Firstly, I see you as an intelligent, successful young man. You are a collage educated, young American male who owns their own house and property. You obviously have running water and electricity. You can afford vehicles and toys to ride on. You are not poor. Being "poor" is a relative term for countless citizens in this country. Many feel they are "poor" if others have more than them. My mother was this way and thankfully that thought process didn't stick with me. Unless you weren't born mentally or physically handicapped, or became that way later in life from illness or accident, you, me, all of us are where we are because of our own choices. The problem is many don't see it that way. I do. If you think you are poor then do something different than you are doing instead of complaining about it. Or blaming "the man" for keeping you down. I know this country isn't perfect but its still one of, if not the most free country to live in. I'm pretty sure nobody forced you or the rest of us to earn our living a certain way. Own it. Its on you.

T.Jeff Veal likes this.
  16. Jeffrey Svoboda

Jeffrey Svoboda

Oh I'm not going anywhere I'll just keep my mouth shut. I forget no one cares about my opinion. I might be "successful" in your eyes but it's not like it was handed to me any sort of way. For as long as i can remember I've worked my butt off hoping someone would notice and appreciate and maybe offer me a better job or whatnot. Guess that's what i get for getting my hopes up. I've learned tho and you just learnt me more this morning. I just gotta live the life that is mine instead of the one I've hoped and dreamed of. Thanks for the reality check.

T.Jeff Veal likes this.
  17. Eggshooterist

Eggshooterist

It has nothing to do with nobody caring about your opinion. For me its about the broken record comments when you are where you have put yourself. Just like me and the majority of the rest of us. I worked hard as well. I had a new house on 2.5 acres at age 23. All on my own. Nothing was given to me either. But I also didn't then nor do I now seek out or need anyone's approval. You will be happier if you find that place in your life. Its your dream bud. Only you can make it happen.

Something I didn’t touch on here...I didn't wait around for someone to notice I was a good worker. I actively searched out employment opportunities and every move was for more pay and better benefits. Nobody is going to knock on your door and offer you a job.

T.Jeff Veal likes this.
  18. Eggshooterist

Eggshooterist

My "dream" was to earn a decent living doing something I enjoyed and not live hand to mouth. I have surpassed that by a significant margin. I'm not rich but I'm certainly not poor.

T.Jeff Veal likes this.
  19. 0rion

0rion

This took a turn....I do understand what he's trying to say and I get it but I look at it similar to grading or the difference that makes a t-bone a porterhouse. Just something butchers started doing.

20. Eggshooterist

Eggshooterist

Right. Grilling and meat. Lol. I think choices are a good thing. In all things.

metalcuttr and T.Jeff Veal like this.