In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Mahindra 4540 4WD

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by thewoodlands, Aug 3, 2016.

1. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Yes it will, that's why I spent the extra time today pushing back the banks. I'll push a few more banks back tomorrow along with doing some cleanup.

Tomorrow I'll grease the tractor and then check the fluids again, another seven hours on the tractor and it will hit four hundred on the hour meter.

Hammy and Well Seasoned like this.
  2. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

This was wet but nothing like you received, how's the tractor running?

3. Hammy

Hammy

The tractor is running well. Other than the rash of hose leaks we had at the beginning of the winter we haven’t had a problem that we didn’t cause:). I had the battery tender on it and had the hood up with the grill guard down. My wife went to clean out the chicken coop and forgot to put the drill guard up. It fell forward when she put the loader up and bent when she brought it down on it. Probably bent an extra 45 degrees down. I removed it and my neighbour will bend it back when he has some free time.

Not a big deal but she feels bad about it. I am just happy she is using it. It’s s lot easier on the back than a wheelbarrow:). We bought it to use not to look pretty. Not saying we should abuse it but accidents happen and this is an easy fix.

4. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

We have our grill guard adjusted so if you bring it forward some, it will stay put. If yours is like ours , all you have to do is tighten up the nuts some.

I was going to loosen it up but after talking with the guy who but the third function kit on it for the plow, he recommended leaving it like it was so it wouldn't drop and maybe hit the hydraulic hookup on the front.

Well Seasoned and Hammy like this.
  5. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

I pushed the banks back and up even more today and then opened up more walking trails, attached are some pictures.

From weather report I saw today, it looks like the next storm will miss us.

Attached Files:

6. Hammy

Hammy

That’s a great idea. Once it’s bent back I will give that a try. Thanks

thewoodlands and Well Seasoned like this.
  7. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

No pictures today but I did a fluid check ( all good) and then I greased the tractor. I cleared a bunch of snow out of the area that is a natural drain from the east side of the house to the north. I also opened up the last of the trail that we use to put in wood.

I also had to plow out the area the tree service will be using for their truck and chipper, the area the chipper is going had to be walked through just so I could tell what was underneath the snow.....nothing for stumps so that was good.

We hit 400 hours on the Mahindra 4540 today, tomorrow we'll put some wood in and then I'll need to plow out the area near tree number two and a place for the chipper.

8. Hammy

Hammy

That’s nice the tree service will be parking at your place. I assume a bit of wood will find its way to you:)

9. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

I cleared out the area by the second tree (pic 1238) that's coming down and a few more places near the first tree that will come down tomorrow.

Attached Files:

Hammy, Chvymn99 and Well Seasoned like this.
  10. Hammy

Hammy

Looking good thewoodlands !!

11. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Thanks Hammy , I used the tractor to move the chipper around in the woods today for the tree company taking down two ugly pines.

Even though it was only three this morning it warmed up into the 30's which felt like 50.

12. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

After taking off the pallet forks from moving pine branches, I put the bucket on and scraped down the driveway hoping that this warmer weather will get it down to the crushed stone before any ice will form.

We have just under 425 hours on the 4540.

13. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

In another 6.5 hours the tractor will hit 500 hours so today I called the dealer to setup our 500 hour checkup/fluid change.

14. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

I'm not getting much done today except for a little cleaning of the tractor in certain areas (not a wash) along with checking the fluids and adding some air to the back & front tires.

I'm heading back out to clean the zerts and then grease it so it's ready for the backhoe which we'll put on tomorrow morning.

15. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Just some pictures of some of the sand/dirt I've been spreading around the new garage (I'll roll it tomorrow) and we filled two big garbage cans full of dry sand for use this winter since we'll get plenty of ice.

Attached Files:

Stinny, yooperdave, Maina and 5 others like this.
  16. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

101_1784.JPG Pictured are three of the seven loads I spread around the new garage yesterday.

The rest are some Ash trees that will come down this fall but the topped off one by next Friday.

Attached Files:

Maina, Hammy, Flamestead and 4 others like this.
  17. Well Seasoned

Well Seasoned Administrator

Nice Woody! Glad your garage is done- the white chit is just around the corner!

18. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Since we have what seems to be about six years worth of shoulder season wood with four years of hardwood up, bring it on!

Was I the first to say that? :hair::hair::hair::hair:

19. Hammy

Hammy

You are the FHC Pine King!

Don’t wish winter upon us before the glory of Fall:)

Maina, thewoodlands and Well Seasoned like this.
  20. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

It looks like August 30, the temps during the day will only be in the seventies, that will be nice.

I tried to give some pine away today but the person said nope.

I did more grading on all sides of the garage today, the water on the westside should drain far enough away even with frozen ground.

I seeded it again after I raked it out and then rolled it, this job is finished. Tomorrow I'll call and see if the insulation came in.

Pictures 1804 & 1807 would be the side I would worry about in the winter when it rains on frozen ground.

Attached Files: