In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Mahindra 4540 4WD

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by thewoodlands, Aug 3, 2016.

1. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

We hit 45 today so I pushed some snowbanks back and then moved the plow for the rhino with the pallet forks into a different spot.

I did move some snow off the driveway into the woods using the FEL and then sanded our ice rink called a driveway. 101_1148b.JPG

Attached Files:

Hinerman and Well Seasoned like this.
  2. Hammy

Hammy

Our skating rink is melted for the part after today’s warm temps. Should be all gone by the end of tomorrow. The season of mud is nearing:)

3. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

We have over half an inch of rain coming in on Monday & Tuesday so ours should be gone by then.

I'll be putting down some ashes, pellet and wood on certain parts of the driveway later tomorrow. The pellet ash eats through the ice pretty good.

We still have half a garbage can full of sand in the garage and another five or six 80 pound bags left in the back of the truck from extra weight to plow from a few years ago.

The outside fireplace has a bunch of ashes in it so we should be covered for the rest of this year.

Since we'll be losing most of the snow & ice, it's time I start felling some pine so I'll be on the grinder sharpening some chains.

Well Seasoned, savemoney and Hammy like this.
  4. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

I was going to put the pallet forks on the 4540 so I could pop some frozen rounds loose for splitting but decided to let mother nature do the job, we'll leave it covered until the rain stops.

I think the rain starts this afternoon between 2 and 3.

5. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

We took two smaller pines down to open up a path to the big ole damaged pine in picture 2 & 3, we have someone coming in to take it down and the chip what he can.

I moved the limbs over by the outdoor fireplace for burning with the 4540.

Picture 1156 is the second pine.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  6. Hammy

Hammy

Your snow situation is looking good thewoodlands We have a big storm coming in Wednesday to Friday. Only predicting about a foot of snow but some rain pilossi my mixed in.

7. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

That will give you more work for your tractor, NOAA is saying about 5 inches of the white stuff for us from this next storm.

The sun did a nice job getting rid of some snow today, we hit 42.

Well Seasoned and Hammy like this.
  8. Hammy

Hammy

Yup a little more tractor work sure. To be honest I was happy to have her rest for a month or 2 then get back so some road building in the sun:). It’s nice to have end in sight though so I am not too upset with the snow.

thewoodlands and Well Seasoned like this.
  9. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Yes, the sun when it's out is very strong so that is a sign of things to come. March and even April can dump so big snows up here but so far all the big snowfalls have stayed well east or south of us.

I was suppose to have started clearing pines for the new garage but have had little things we did each day but tomorrow we'll start on some of the smaller stuff further in the woods so we can drop the bigger pines on the outside along the driveway near the house into the woods.

I think the next storm after the one that's hitting tomorrow is heading south to West Virginia and then off the coast so we shouldn't have to worry about that unless the track changes again.

Well Seasoned likes this.
  10. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

While eating a cheese pizza around 5:30 tonight, the wife saw the deer eating the small maple that we took down so she wanted it moved so the dog doesn't go nuts when walking in that area. After letting the tractor get warm I took the plow off and put the forks on, the maple buds are back near the fireplace.

It was such a nice night that I decided to plow the quick two inches of snow we received around 4 or 4:30 this afternoon.

Attached Files:

Hammy, Dancan and Well Seasoned like this.
  11. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

It's a nice night so I'll plow what's in the driveway.

12. Hammy

Hammy

Blowing like mad out there now. Hard to tell how hard it’s snowing with all the wind but it looks like about 3” or so down now. We are expecting 9”-12” and the drifts will be big. Should be an interesting time at 5am when I head out to clear a path to work.

thewoodlands and Well Seasoned like this.
  13. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Since yesterday we received 4-5 inches, just a few pictures from tonight. It's a really nice night out with the temps at 29, they say we'll have about a foot of snow when this is over.

The second picture is the worklight on the back of the tractor.

Attached Files:

14. Hammy

Hammy

Nice pics of a nice night. I was thinking you were missing this storm. Hope you guys make out well.

Well Seasoned and thewoodlands like this.
  15. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

It shouldn't be that bad here, about a foot of snow but not much for wind. When we went into town today we did fill up the truck along with getting 10 gallons of diesel for the tractor and some food.

16. Well Seasoned

Well Seasoned Administrator

Not as easy without extra lights. This is something i should have added to the bota. Nice pics

17. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

I didn't add any lights, they were on it when we bought it. That light on the back is nice especially when you're backing up down at the end of the driveway.

18. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

I would say we received another seven inches of the white stuff overnight. The first picture is before I started plowing and the second when I was coming back.

Tomorrow I'll plow the sled trailer out, this weekend and Monday should be real busy with sleds in our town. 101_1225.JPG

Attached Files:

Flamestead, Well Seasoned and Hammy like this.
  19. Well Seasoned

Well Seasoned Administrator

The white chit just keeps coming! Chit'll freeze up hard this weekend!

Flamestead, thewoodlands and Hammy like this.
  20. Hammy

Hammy

We got over a foot. Wet and heavy. It just didn’t stop snowing:). Nice to see you got it all cleaned up.

Flamestead and thewoodlands like this.