In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Mahindra 4540 4WD

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by thewoodlands, Aug 3, 2016.

1. amateur cutter

amateur cutter

Boy is that property looking nice thewoodlands Better in every picture.

2. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Thanks AC, I've worked more around the house this summer & fall so anytime I get back near the brook it's nice.

I wish that we had a dump trailer and some new tires on the truck (maybe spring on the tires) and most of the junk pine from our house lot would go to the towns wood dump, that would speed up the cleanup.

The tractor has been making things so much easier since we purchased it, for some reason I like plowing with it being exposed to the weather, maybe I'm losing it.

3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

That surely is a beautiful picture along the brook.

4. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Oh yes, I remember us talking about that tractor before you bought it. That think surly has come in handy for you and I'm happy it is treating you so well.

5. amateur cutter

amateur cutter

Hmmm, I got the dump & new truck tires. Long trip to haul pine though LOL.

6. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

I decided that the majority of the day would be spent getting rid of dead branches, I had five fires like this and then dropped one pine in the area we'll be keeping the hoe this winter.

Attached Files:

Backwoods Savage, Gasifier and Hammy like this.
  7. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

In picture 0659, you have a cherry, a small pine underneath and a smaller stringy maple with the tree on the right being another maple.

These are coming out of the area we plan on storing the hoe for the winter and maybe a shed project next year.

Attached Files:

Hammy and Gasifier like this.
  8. Gasifier

Gasifier

Nice work thewoodlands!

Hammy likes this.
  9. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

100_0058-001.JPG It's almost time to take the backhoe off and install the Draw Bar with the A Frame. Looking at the forecast, I should have another week if not more.

I have another tree that will need to be removed before I drop the backhoe there. It bolts down to the Draw Bar so it won't turn.
    100_0058.JPG

10. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

I cleared two driveways, ours and the neighbors just using the FEL. Picture 0664 is what the 4540 runs at after the inline restrictor was put in, before it just touched the start of the green.

I used the pallet forks to lift some of the branches off the ground so I could cut them off and then burn, I'll be putting the rest in the same area I dumped the stumps in. 100_0663.JPG

Attached Files:

Hammy likes this.
  11. Gasifier

Gasifier

Looks like you are getting some chit done man!:thumbs:

thewoodlands likes this.
  12. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Hopefully, this is the week we'll finish the area to drop the backhoe for the winter. I plan on taking it off this Saturday so we have another tree we'll fell and then the cleanup begins.

13. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

I had moved this from the area in the picture to a smaller trail we never use with the plans on taking it to the towns wood dump, since I won't have time, I moved it off the trail (the wife wants use of it) to our stump dump the other day.

Attached Files:

14. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Since it snowed some, I decided that it was time that I try the plow.........everything is fine. After clearing the driveway I put the bucket back on and then moved some rounds (four buckets worth) out of the trail. Since I had one more trail blocked with tops I put the pallet forks on and took four loads to the area I put the stumps.

After that we put in two trailer loads of better wood, we'll save the rest of the pine for spring.

Attached Files:

Dancan, Hammy and Gasifier like this.
  15. Gasifier

Gasifier

Nice work there Mr.!

16. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

:yes: It was a wet day,snow,rain and keep repeating until 3 when we put some wood in.

Have a happy Thanksgiving and make sure you eat enough. :rofl: :lol:

17. Gasifier

Gasifier

Now. I don’t care who you are. That’s funny!

OhioStihl and thewoodlands like this.
  18. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

We received about three inches of snow overnight so I plowed our driveway and then the neighbor's today before coming back in for some coffee and back out for a fluid check on the tractor, everything was fine. I think the tractor has 278 or 279 hours on it.

We're looking at a high of 49 tomorrow so things will be a mess.

Hammy and Chvymn99 like this.
  19. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Today I used the 4540 for moving the split cherry to finish up the second face cord, done. Since the snow was coming off the pines like rain or small white bombs, I left the camera inside.

I decided to take the rest of the day so I could check the hose clamps on the tractor, check the bigger bolts with the new socket set and then grease it, done.

I had notice a small drop of antifreeze on the front axle (the levels were good) I'm thinking a few hose clamps needed tightening just above the drop on the axle, we'll see tomorrow morning if it worked.

Gasifier, Hammy and Chvymn99 like this.
  20. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Yesterday I removed some smaller stumps from the area we'll be dropping the backhoe for the winter and then moved some sand in to level the area, I didn't have the camera since I was on the tractor.

Today we dropped one dead pine and the second pine we dropped was starting to rot on one side, I still have some cleanup to do and then a burning day.

With the rain and the winds coming in it might be a day off tomorrow.

We have 285 hours on our Mahindra 4540 we bought last August and not any problems.

Hammy likes this.