In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Mahindra 3550

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Gasifier, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Gasifier

Gasifier

Hammy,
    Hey, thanks for the tip on the pin removal. Works gooder on the roads and parking lots of hard surfaces.

However. A person needs to listen to your second recommendation as well. And push backwards with blade on grassy/soft surfaces. o_O Not that I would not do that and dig an accidental ditch or anything. :emb:A-hem. :whistle:

:rofl: :lol:

Getting use to it.
    601241B7-9625-4EF0-B74E-8C83C910C92C.jpeg 9AB49171-D35B-460D-B6BB-05F028F0C2C1.jpeg 62E18E51-4C97-447E-8C65-E7E01D251BA9.jpeg
    I am trying out different heights and top link lengths. Someday I’m going to get me one of those hydraulic top links.

2. Hammy

Hammy

Hahahaha yeah the old rear blade can create some projects for the spring you weren’t planning on for sure:). Glad it’s working out for you.

3. CDF_USAF

CDF_USAF

A little scraping isn't too bad, but yea grass can take a beating until the ground freezes up good with the rear blades. I always wanted one of the inverted blowers, thought that with a blade on the loader would be a slick setup.

4. nsmaple

nsmaple

Something to maybe check out is swapping your toplink for a hydraulic cylinder hooked to a remote. Presto - instant variably adjustable toplink you can adjust on the fly.

EDIT: Crap, you already said that. :)

5. Gasifier

Gasifier

Tractor is running well. Been on snow duty lately.

I had an antifreeze leak but I think I found it and I think it’s fixed. Clamp seemed to be loose. Once the pressure built up it was enough to cause it to leak.

Used it for snow duty this morning for about two hours straight and don’t see any leaking now. Scraped everything down behind the barn for the wife and the spoiled ones. And cleaned up the camp road again. Also made a little room for tonight and tomorrow ‘s snow. Suppose to get another 5-9”.

6. Gasifier

Gasifier

I loaded up the 3550 on my neighbor’s trailer this morning. Strapped and chained it down and brought it to the local dealer’s store. They have been busy so I told the owner I would drop it off for them.

They are going to do the 250 hour service on it. And now also fix the anti-freeze leak that has started up again. :picard:I thought I had it fixed. After I tightened that loose clamp it had stopped. I was watching it closely while moving snow and checking it in the barn when done. But when I loaded it on the trailer this morning I could see it was dripping pretty steady.

I don’t know if the colder temperatures are part of what’s causing the leaking or not.

7. Well Seasoned

Well Seasoned Administrator

Im sure it's nothing to complicated- hopefully. That entails the 250 hr service?

Backwoods Savage likes this.
  8. Gasifier

Gasifier

250 HRS.

According to manual:

Check coolant level in radiator and top up if necessary.

Check radiator hose connections and tighten if required.

Check fan belt tension and adjust if necessary.

Check transmission oil level and top up if necessary.

Check tire pressure and inflate if necessary.

Torque wheel nuts.

Grease all nipples.

9. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Pretty minor "service" really...is their "freeby"? Not giving up much at all if it is...especially with you taking it to them.
    You may like these people and all, but from where I sit they have not gone out of their way for you during this whole ordeal...at all.

10. Gasifier

Gasifier

I know. Believe me. I have spoken to Mahindra Corporate about it again. We will see if they do anything about it.

11. Well Seasoned

Glad to see coolant on there. Hopefully they get it figured out! :yes:

Backwoods Savage and Gasifier like this.
  12. Hammy

Hammy

Pretty much all of the clamps on my coolant lines had to be tightened once it got cold out. I thought it was strange that all of a sudden I had a bunch of coolant leaks. Must have something to do with the cold.

I put a shop towel under the tractor to see if I got the all the leaks and did but have a slow fuel leak that has developed. I tightened all the clamps on the fuel lines but I think it’s coming from around the filter bowl. The filter is mounted between the frame and loader bracket so pretty hard to get a grip on it. I think I have it right now but tomorrow will tell.

Hope they have it back to you soon.

13. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

That's why I like the spring clamps that many manufactures use...no re-tightening.

14. foxtrapper

foxtrapper

was ready to purchase a3550 this week. After reading this forum I am gunshy. Help

15. Well Seasoned

Welcome to the forum foxtrapper

16. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Welcome to FHC foxtrapper ....

17. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Don't blame ya.
    Buy a 'bota?
    Welcome to FHC...burn wood?

18. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Welcome to the forum foxtrapper

We looked at the Mahindra tractors but ended up with a Kubota. Not sorry for the way we went.

94BULLITT and Well Seasoned like this.
  19. MasterMech

MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

It comes down to dealer and manufacturer support. ALL machines have issues. Some more than others. Nobody likes going back to the dealer to complain about this broke, or that doesn’t work, and such. So when the issues arise, it’s critical they get solved the right way, the first time. Unfortunately in Gas’s case, that didn’t happen. And your experience with the manufacturer is usually very dependent on the dealer. It is their responsibility to open and maintain the proper lines of communication, escalating issues that they can’t immediately solve. All of this y’all about customers having to contact manufacturers drives me crazy because it should not be the customers responsibility to go over the dealer’s head to get a problem solved!

I’m glad the root cause of the issue was relatively minor. But the process of getting it fixed has highlighted more than just the engineering weaknesses of Mahindra.

20. Gasifier

Gasifier

Welcome sir. Buy a Kubota foxtrapper. The quality and reliability are better. I have had way to much lost time with a brand new tractor. I’m impressed with it when everything is working well, I’ll give it that. Mine has been working since they fixed the electrical short. They are strong. But the quality is not there yet to be as good as Kubota and Deere. I brought it to dealer last week for a service and to fix a coolant leak. I just talked with them again this morning and I am going to pick it back up with neighbors trailer. Both their trucks are broke. Anyway, the leak I thought I had fixed they told me there was a crack in the coolant reservoir. Plastic. :picard: I’m at about 280ish hours. Heading over there in a couple hours when my neighbor gets out to his shop.

Depending on type of work you will be doing, and where, I would also suggest you consider R-1 tires. Love mine!