In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Mahindra 3550

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Gasifier, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Really happy this is working out good for you...finally.

2. nsmaple

nsmaple

Well that was a long read - and quite a story. Hopefully the problems are behind you, I think I could feel your frustration from here.

My BIL went through similar sounding issues with a Kioti 2-3 years ago. Brand new. They took it back in on trade, finally, on a new MF. I forget the model but it's in the 60-70 hp range. Then he went through it again with that this summer, it wouldn't start when warm - they think the last attempt fixed it, which was replacing the ECU. After replacing another module thingie and wiring harness. But not 100% sure yet. Talk about bad luck.

3. Jon_E

Jon_E

I have read through the entire thread and I am glad that your machine is working properly again. Mahindras have a very good reputation in spite of problems such as you have been experiencing.

I almost bought a Mahindra when I was shopping for a new machine a couple of years ago. I shopped every major brand that was within an hour's drive and pretty much had narrowed it down to Mahindra or Kioti, and then I stumbled across a slightly used TYM that had the perfect specs and the price couldn't be beat. I have had more than my fair share of problems with the TYM (mostly electrical, but some hydraulic and fuel issues as well) and now the local (well, 50 miles away) dealer has disappeared. Oh well, I was warned. I should have bought the Mahindra but the fit and finish of the machine just weren't acceptable to me. Seemed cheap. Now I am seeing that the 2500-series Mahindras are made by TYM and rebadged. The dash, operator's area and controls are identical to my machine. So I am hoping that any future problems (and there will be some, I guarantee) can be fixed by a Mahindra dealer. If not, I will probably trade it in. I have 6 Mahindra dealers within 60 miles (heck that's more than JD and Kubota combined) so I have a good chance of getting service on a machine that no longer has local dealer support. The last time I bought parts, I went to the nearest Mahindra dealer and they handed me parts in a TYM branded baggie anyway.

4. Gasifier

Gasifier

Thanks gentlemen. I feel sooooooo much better now that my tractor is working right again. We have our first decent quantity of snow coming overnight. Luckily for me I have today, tomorrow, and Wednesday off from the regular job. (Work 4 10s right now.)

So today I put the tractor to work all day long. I worked it from 7am until 4:30pm with about 1-1/2 hours of breaks in there to get food, caffeine, and do a couple chores in the house for the wife while she was at work.

The tractor performed flawlessly the whole day. First I had to fill over two culverts with dirt I had put in a while back. We had received a lot of rain one day with some of it being a hard down pour and it washed away a bunch of the dirt because no grass had grown in yet. Then I moved a bunch of logging debris off the trails, pulled about seven or eight stumps, and then I installed another new culvert in a place I really wanted to get drained. I figured I better go for it now because I had the culvert sitting at the camp. I managed to do a little ditching at both ends of it to get the water in that area to go where I want it to. And back filled over it. That drainage project will have to continue next summer when things dry up. Another good job done.

Then, just before dark I took the backhoe off right in my detached garage where it will likely stay for the winter. (Unless we get more warm weather and the snow melts away!:thumbs:) Then put my new to me back blade on and am all ready for the snow.:thumbs:

Here are a few shots of today’s work. 5FBBC6BC-4CE6-47F3-AB05-32A2AE33B56E.jpeg 885146F4-771B-42FA-A7DF-BD0D98A8AE7F.jpeg 1DE83268-D19E-4730-A69C-6CA812A3174B.jpeg 34B9A407-924F-4869-98E9-99A788C3CE4D.jpeg
    It has been a full day of outside work in the cold. And a great day. Now I am relaxing with a cold Blue Light. :)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  5. Well Seasoned

Well Seasoned Administrator

Beautiful day Gas! So glad your back up!

6. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

How many times is this thread gonna change names...I almost can't follow it, each time I see a new name in my email I'm like which thread is that.

7. Gasifier

Gasifier

:whistle:

Well Seasoned, Chvymn99, RCBS and 2 others like this.
  8. Hammy

Hammy

Gasifier it looks like your rear blade has the horizontal tilt option. Not sure if I mentioned this when you got it but I pull my pin out so it can float with the contours of the land. I find it helps a lot and keeps it from digging up your surface. Maybe try it both ways and see what you like. My roads and trails are a bit crude so it helps me a lot.

9. Gasifier

Gasifier

Will it still scrape things down good that way?

:sherlock:

Better to pull the pin and allow it to follow an uneven contour or leave it in and end up with a more even contour? :sherlock::rofl: :lol:

10. Hammy

Hammy

Hahahaha yeah you could be grading and moving snow at the same time. Multitasking at its finest:)

Yes I find it works great for scraping with the pin pulled. . You can adjust the top link to make it more or less aggressive. I set mine up so that it’s about level with the ground.

I find I end up pushing the banks back with the backside of the blade over grass a lot. Doesn’t harm the grass with the back and the pin pulled. When I tried with the pin in one end would gouge the ground. My main driveway area is not an ideal place for a rear blade but it works. Debating a front blade or rear snowblower for next year but for now my wife wants a brush hog so that’s top of the spending list for implements:)

11. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

I thought bush hog was about standard with a tractor purchase!!!

12. Gasifier

Gasifier

Oh. I would choose a front blade before a rear snow blower for sure.

13. Hammy

Hammy

It certainly should be:). The PO didn’t have one as he didn’t use it for much. Expensive lesson for him and good fortune for us:)

14. Hammy

Hammy

Yeah I like the idea of one for sure. The blower would keep the banks down so less drifts. It will be a year or 2 before I have to decide. Until then the rear blade works better than a shovel and the walk behind blower:)

15. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

IDK gas, I got rear blower 1/4 mile drive.. down and back 40 minutes.. would a front be nice.. but I would lose bucket. mmm.. front blower 12 grand my tractor .. rear 3k with chains 72 inch meteor.. I can back up a long time for 9000 dollars

16. Gasifier

Gasifier

A front blade wide enough so that it still covers your rear wheel width when angled is sooo much faster. And because it’s on the loader you can push your banks back at whatever height you want to push them back at. If you don’t want to spend much dough, you can actually buy a manual angle heavy duty quick attach blade and add hydraulics at a later time if needed.

NEW 84" SNOW BLADE / PLOW QUICK ATTACH, JOHN DEERE, KIOTI, NEW HOLLAND, KUBOTA | eBay

And of course you can usually buy a used truck plow that someone has converted to quick attach with hydraulics for $1200-$1500 on Craigslist. I bought one years ago for my Bobcat B300 and it work great. Why :headbang:did:headbang:I:headbang:sell:headbang:that:headbang:!

17. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Gasifier tried that a heavy snow year.. the cost of heavy equipment to widen driveway after it froze Narrower than Car was more than blower:bug: farmer tried to move banks with 110hp jD would not budge.. every drive is different.. wet sloppy banks from road plow gets pushed back 50 feet.. town always comes right after your done ... gives town plow a chance to empty blade before my drive opening and filling it...

but it would work great for the 2 inch wet not deep enough to blow so gets packed in and turns to ice.. so both:thumbs:

18. Gasifier

Gasifier

:picard:Or we could just consider moving to a better climate like ........:handshake:

:D

19. Casper

Casper

This is why I always clear the road upstream of my drive and push it to the shoulder. Keeps my mailbox clear as well as keeping the end of my drive from filling up.

20. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

yup blower is 74 inches wide amazing how many can' figure it out.... no less than 10 people asked me why I do it

Maina, Chvymn99, clemsonfor and 4 others like this.