In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Mahindra 3550

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Gasifier, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Horkn

Horkn

Yep, it sounded like a wiring issue to me that was intermittent.

2. Horkn

Horkn

Hats, schmats.

You should get one of these. Screenshot_2017-12-01-22-42-38.png

3. concretegrazer

concretegrazer

But with a slip clutch

Horkn, Casper, brenndatomu and 4 others like this.
  4. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Yes, shear pin sUUUUUx!

After all this, hopefully it is truly fixed, but if the dealer and or manufacturer do not at least acknowledge all the trouble you have been put through that would forever knock Mahindra off my list of tractors to be considered and to me it also shows the dealers true colors...I would be done with them too...but if they wanted to be decent and make sure you stay a customer I don't think a free or highly discounted implement would be out of the question...or maybe a few free PMs? Something...definitely not nothing!

Chaz, Backwoods Savage, Horkn and 4 others like this.
  5. Gasifier

Gasifier

Mahindra did contact me and left a message on my phone.

A follow up e-mail also said this:

Dear Mr. ______,

I called you this morning and left a voicemail for you to return my call. I have also been in touch with ______, owner of The Wood Chop Shop. ______told me your tractor has been repaired and returned to you.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you have had and the time it has taken to resolve it. As a gesture of goodwill from Mahindra I would like to offer you the next tractor service for free. I have instructed _______ to take care of this for you and Mahindra would reimburse him for the service.

If I can be of further assistance to you please feel free to contact me at any time.

Thanks for choosing Mahindra and have a great afternoon.

Chaz, Maina, wildwest and 7 others like this.
  6. Horkn

Horkn

How much is that tractor service worth?

7. Gasifier

Gasifier

I do not know the answer to that. The first one is a major one. That one was at 50 hours and cost me just over $500 bucks. But I was told by the mechanic that the next ones are not as involved/expensive.

8. Well Seasoned

Well Seasoned Administrator

Glad things are running for you, apologies are being said, as well as trying to make it right. Good!

9. Gasifier

Gasifier

Thanks. I have a few days off beginning of this week. I hope to do some trail work Monday, removing debris of branches and large tree tops (from loggers) off the trails with the grapple. And maybe pulling a few stumps if the ground isn’t too frozen yet. If all is going well with the tractor that will continue Tuesday, but it looks like snow with 3-5” falling on that day. So I will be taking the backhoe off right in the detached garage. Then putting the new to me heavy duty rear blade on so I will be all set for snow duty. I’m getting excited about getting back to work on the trails and the snow with my tractor.

10. Well Seasoned

Well Seasoned Administrator

Getting a heavy snow dumping here. Hopefully you'll get those stumps out before this cold early next week sets in.

11. Hammy

Hammy

Nice to see them at least recognize you. If I were you I would just get all fluids and filters changed on your next service even if it’s not called for in the manual. You can never be too frequent with preventative maintenance:).

12. LinkedXJ

LinkedXJ

The compensation they have offered is no where near enough in my opinion...
    Better then nothing though at this point i guess.

13. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Let us hope this is the end of those problems. That will be the greatest blessing.

As for the dealer or manufacturer dolling out something to try to keep you as a future customer, I have to ask, what are the chances of you being a future customer now, even though the problem likely has been fixed? My bet is the chance is very low indeed even if they offer you a new implement.

Chvymn99, TBONE, Horkn and 6 others like this.
  14. rottiman

rottiman

15. Gasifier

Gasifier

I made some time to try to get a little done today. The tractor is running well. Good power. Lots of debris to move and burn. But I don’t want to pile it too high yet. I want to get firewood out of everything I can that is Ash tops. Here is a few pics of some action.
    98043619-831B-4716-8E0A-D9099832E2BC.jpeg 1FD7680B-F2A2-4FE5-B625-989BE448AFC5.jpeg 3EED6D9C-08CA-442F-88A9-FD0BD7B79B6D.jpeg
    667BB47B-511C-4DE0-B3D4-30F755071697.jpeg

Maina, RCBS, J. Dirt and 9 others like this.
  16. Horkn

Horkn

X3.

Chvymn99 likes this.
  17. Horkn

Horkn

It's a beautiful sight to see a tractor working doing the hard work that people buy tractors to do. :whistle::yes:

18. Gasifier

Gasifier

I took a few stumps out of the middle of the trails. The R-1s are really a plus when doing ground work. Even in this colder weather the soil starts to get muddy when you are digging in it and driving back and forth over it. The chains are nice too.
    F701D665-1665-482B-9401-E3834BA7710D.jpeg
    The 3550 performed well today for about 3-1/2 hours of work. I almost forgot what work it can get done. Now I’m happy about being able to move forward on the property projects. Thinking ahead, even after the grounds freezes up too deep to be digging stumps. As long as the snow doesn’t get too deep, I’ll still be able to clean up a lot of debris and burn it. And go around with my chainsaw and cut up a lot of firewood. The Ash tops will make nice size rounds that won’t even need to be split.:thumbs:

I have a a nice long vacation coming up over the Holidays. It should be a fun time working outside with the 3550, Echo chainsaws, and especially with my son out there sometimes as well.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    Maina, RCBS, Chvymn99 and 11 others like this.
  19. amateur cutter

amateur cutter

20. Carbine

Carbine

Definitely a sharp looking tractor Gas!