So after getting to the areas pictured, I'll say mother nature spared us from any major tree damage. Pic 8137 & 38 is the Hemlock that was across the trail,8139 was a small Maple,8141 is a small hardhack,8142 is a rotten Hemlock and 8143 is the top of the rotten Hemlock hanging in another tree,8145 is some Cherry and 8146 is either the neighbor's Maple trees or ours. I still have about five areas that need to be checked but they can wait.
I just can't keep up with all these down trees you keep showing Zap. As long as you are having fun out there building your stash. I was busy today wiring a garage for my parents but I did get to take a little walk after I quit, because the farmer finally cut the corn. Have some oak,walnut and elm leaners on the horizon.
I have some splitting and stacking to do before any cutting gets done, all those downed trees might be for next spring. Be careful on the leaners.
Glad you made it through safe and sound! Looks like you got your hands full again with plenty more wood to get cut.
You don't even have to fell any trees if you don't want to. You may need to build another structure of some kind and put a stove in it. So you can burn more wood. You know, a place for the tractor, the side by side, a little work shop, etc.
Start putting the bug in her ear now ZAP. So when retirement time comes that is the first project on the list!
I was just telling Sav tonight, that one of theses days I'll notch a tree that's down then do the back cut just for practice.