In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Made in the USA.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by TurboDiesel, Apr 19, 2020.

1. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

2. XXL

XXL

I couldn't remember which plant was in Meadville PA and was thinking vise grip until you mentioned Channellock. :yes:

Klein

wildwest, T.Jeff Veal, Loon and 10 others like this.
  3. XXL

XXL

If anyone does wood working, Veritas tools are mostly USA and Canadian made great quality tools.

Veritas Tools - About Us

4. unclefess

unclefess Guest

it's hard to tell some things say made in usa but are really assembled in usa sometimes with usa and sometimes with imported parts i wish it was easier to know what is and is not ,the same could be said for ford and gm ,where do the parts come from ? there are jap cars made here ( no i would never buy one ,my only toyota a forerunner came with the wife and the deal was it goes ) same question with parts ? i know they employ americans but the profits go to japan . what we do have made here is a very large shooting industry ,there are dozens of old and new companies in that category,some have been in business for 200 years.

5. Warner

Warner

6. XXL

XXL

T.Jeff Veal, huskihl, Thor and 9 others like this.
  7. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

I think their Bluepoint line is all off shore made...

8. sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

My Supersplit log splitter is made in the US, actually in my home state of MA. My old garden tractors were made in the US. The Case/Ingersolls were made in Racine Wisconsin. The Simplicities were made in Port Washington Wisconsin. I hope all this Corona stuff opens peoples eyes that the US needs some manufacturing here.

9. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

One entire model is made in India.
    The Steet 750 and 500 are made in India.
    But! They're not trying to kill us....
    At least not yet.

10. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

Japan is one of our allies.
    At least since we nuked there azz!:whistle:

11. rottiman

rottiman

Yeah....................their too busy buying up the corner stores and driving most of our trucks................................:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

12. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  13. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

And hotels...

14. J bird

J bird

Texas Pete in Winston Salem North Carolina

15. XXL

XXL

Good point. Although many splitters are made in NA, some small engines may not be.
    I have an American made Ariens snowblower and an Ariens 27-Ton splitter with a Subaru engine.

16. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

China is threatening the United states with stopping meds. They covered up the outbreak of covid and unleashed disease across the entire planet killing 50,000 people.
    Don't buy from china! Buy American made when possible. Then if you can't find it made in America...
    Basically, buy anywhere but china.

America first!

17. Camber

Camber

I emailed texas pete before we went to a massive family dinner. I was always wishing the chow halls had tabasco in the military. All they had was texas pete, but then they came out with hotter texas pete. Loved the stuff. 99 cents in the south, but you have to order it from Amazon here. Comes out to 4.00 a bottle for me now. I dont care any longer. I'm ordering a bunch right now. Good bye Tabasco.

Just bought ten bottles!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  18. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

Burn it!:eek:

:rofl: :lol:

Nah just kidding. No use burning any bibles...:handshake:

Start Boycotting China.:handshake:

19. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

I tried to buy Cooper tires, (Findley Ohio) again for our van, but the dealer said they have discontinued selling Cooper because of all the problems they have had with them, and Coopers unwillingness to do anything about it...I ended up with Yokahama's :(

T.Jeff Veal, leoht, JoeinO and 6 others like this.
  20. XXL

XXL

I found this interesting at the Briggs and Stratton site

Made in America Products are Increasingly Important to Consumers
    Made in America Products are Increasingly Important to Consumers | Briggs & Stratton News

MILWAUKEE (July 3, 2015) — A renaissance in American manufacturing has led to a growth in the U.S. manufacturing sector in the past half-decade with the U.S. Department of Commerce reporting that domestic manufacturing output has increased 45 percent since 2009 adding more than half a million jobs to the U.S. economy.

A return to domestic manufacturing has captured the attention of many, triggering a leading publication that provides credible and unbiased information to consumers to focus their July 2015 issue on the subject. The issue provides insight into their survey about preference for products Made in America. Their survey reveals that nearly 8 in 10 American consumers say that they’d rather buy a product that was made in the U.S.A. than an imported one. They seek these products for several reasons; to retain jobs here; to help the U.S. economy; to be patriotic and 88 percent say that they believe American-made products are more reliable than those made elsewhere. Additionally, sixty percent of respondents to the survey said that they’d actually be willing to pay more for a U.S.-made product.

But this desire for American-made products is not limited to just American citizens. Globally, U.S. made goods are increasing in demand. In a frequently cited study from the Boston Consulting Group (BCG), 60 percent of Chinese consumers would be willing to pay more for a product labeled “Made in the U.S.A.” Almost 50 percent of Chinese consumers in the BCG survey reported that they preferred a U.S.-made product to a Chinese-made product of the same quality and price.

While many factors are playing into this resurgence in American-made goods, one key factor is consumer demand. Shoppers are increasingly looking for items made domestically. Briggs & Stratton’s (NYSE: BGG) annual PowerPulse survey of 4,000 power equipment owners indicates that 72 percent of outdoor power equipment shoppers prefer to buy products made in the U.S.A. and retailers are listening.

Briggs & Stratton began manufacturing in Milwaukee, WI, in 1908 and today more than 85 percent of Briggs & Stratton engines are made stateside at plants in Alabama, Kentucky, Georgia and Missouri using U.S. and global parts. The Statesboro, Georgia plant just produced its 20 millionth engine, and the Murray, Kentucky plant alone has made more than 70 million engines. Briggs & Stratton is very proud of their made in the U.S.A. heritage and we believe that America’s best manufacturing years lie ahead.

Briggs & Stratton Corporation
    [email protected]
    414-259-5333

About Briggs & Stratton Corporation
    Briggs & Stratton Corporation, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is the world's largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiaries include North America's number one marketer of portable generators and pressure washers, and it is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of lawn and garden, turf care and job site products through its Simplicity®, Snapper®, Snapper Pro®, Ferris®, Murray®, Allmand™, Branco®, Billy Goat® and Victa® brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in over 100 countries on six continents.For more information, visit www.basco.com or www.briggsandstratton.com.