I hope I'm better and not worse after this; Using x-ray guidance, the physician inserts the catheter (a small tube about as thick as pencil lead) into the region of scar tissue inside the spinal canal. The catheter is then advanced into the scarred area with real-time imaging. Various tissue-softening medications can also be administered. These steps, in addition to the mechanical force of the catheter itself, help break up scar tissue. All along, the movement of the catheter within the region of scarring is continuously monitored with the fluoroscope, in order to assure safe and effective catheter positioning. During the procedure, the physician injects contrast material, a dense fluid that can be read by X-ray but is not harmful to the body, to see an outline of the scar tissue on the fluoroscope monitor. Other fluids and medications, including enzymes, local anesthetics, steroids and hypertonic saline are also injected through the catheter to relieve pain, destroy scar tissue and reduce inflammation. This procedure, performed under IV conscious sedation, takes several hours, including time that the patient is observed in the recovery room.
I've had one of those contrast type x-rays....not quite sure if its the safe for you stuff as they say it is. I had to drink mine. They said, you will experience a metallic taste in your mouth and a nauseous sensation may overwhelm you. (you know, kinda like swallowing toxic metals?) Good luck to you and be sure to let us know!
I feel much better with a little pain in my hip, I have to do post procedure stretches. I have another one in March.
During the late summer/early fall last year, I had the workshop project going on in the new garage. Woke up way too early one morning and decided to go prime/paint walls ceiling. It was great-got it all done by 8 or 9 in the morning. Then felt like crap the rest of he day. Kinda like taking one of those much needed afternoon naps but you stay longer then 15 min and pay for it the rest of the day? Next time, I think I'll just roll over and try to get back to sleep. Hope you'll be OK this afternoon.....