In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Low Suction on 10 AMP Power Smith PAVC-102 Ash Vac?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by don2222, Sep 24, 2019.

1. don2222

don2222

Hello
    To properly analyze the issue I needed to get a baseline on a brand new ash vac and I used the same commercial hose.
    Central vacuum installers use a vacuum guage that measures suction power in inches of water lift. A good central vacuum measures 90 on the Guage.
    So I took out a new pacv-102 from the box and it measures 60. Very good suction from a small portable unit. In fact my larger shop vac that is not clean measures 60 also.
    Now I measured my older PAVC-102 that I cleaned and blew out the bag and secondary filter so it is as clean as possible and measured a minimal 20 on the Guage.
    So then I removed the secondary filter that I blew out with the compressor and put the cage back on to prevent the filter bag from being sucked into the motor. Then I measured 60 Ah Ha!
    Has anyone seen where you can easily buy these secondary filters?
    Looks like there is a number to call for service & support?

Pic 1 - Brand new PAVC-102 measuring 60
    Pic 2 - my used cleaner PAVC-102 measures 20 ??
    Pic 3 - my used PAV-102 with secondary filter removed
    Pic 4&5 - The secondary filter is clogged!
    Pic 6 - Service & Support phone number, website and email.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    Need2Saw likes this.
  2. don2222

don2222

I put in A new secondary filter and it is back up to 60 now!
    Did you check the suction on your ash vac lately?

Attached Files: