In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Low price surprise pellet

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by Russell, Dec 11, 2020.

1. bogieb

bogieb

Number is good enough - sure enough

TSC code.JPG

Russell, PelletHound and ttdberg like this.
  2. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Hello Folks as many of you I have had an insane 2020 but finished my 2 years in Hell on the same job.
    My Surprise Pellet this year was as some others have noted LaCrete for $299 a pallet , not a ton but 60 bags so I bought 6 pallets of them along with a few tons of TSC Branded MWP . Now I got one old ton of MWP and one of this years stock I Believe and this years was exceptional with the exception of the pellets were shorter than usual, but they were fresh and not sure if they changed the ratio of softwood to hardwood but they smelled more like softwood than hardwood ,left less ash and burn hotter than the previous year.
    Hope all are well !

Russell, PelletHound, ivanhoe and 2 others like this.
  3. bogieb

bogieb

I really liked the 10 bags of La Cretes I got from HD. The by the bag price isn't bad either (compared to TSC MWPs at $5.59 and anything else around here is $7-8 per bag.Unfortunately, I can't fit 1.2 tons into the Explorer, so can't take advantage of buying a skid. Well, unless I want to pay HD to deliver them, and last I checked that runs about $85 to my place.

Russell, PelletHound and ivanhoe like this.
  4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

You can do 2 to 3 trips after buying a skid, that's what I do!

5. bogieb

bogieb

That would be okay if it wasn't a 60 mile round trip for each load - and those are only available at the HD in Keene, NH. I usually go to Concord, NH - which is still 60 mile RT, but I can at least hit up Wally World while I am in Concord.

I might as well stick to getting a ton of MWP's at the TSC that is 3-4 miles away from me (I can do a ton in one trip then). I just like to try different stuff when I get the chance.

6. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

My surprise good pellet this season is barefoots. Never used them before now, in fact haven’t burned any 100% hardwood for a long time. The reviews for the barefoots seem to be ok/mediocre. Picked up two batches on CL, avg. price was about $3/bag. The P68 really loves them! Great heat and very light ash, would certainly buy again.

The lacretes at HD for $299/1.2 ton was also a great score, especially if you add a coupon to sweeten the deal even further. Curious to see if HD stocks them in future seasons. They definitely got loads of them this season and surprisingly my local store has continued to restock and carry them throughout this heating season, so on the surface this doesn’t appear to be a “one time only” truckload deal like the blazers were a few years back.

MWP at tractor supply for $200/ton was an outstanding deal this season too! Love the MWPs.
    :)

7. bogieb

bogieb

Always love the CL finds

Rich250 and Russell like this.
  8. Russell

Russell

Added some Virginia Gold to the stack. Working between 2 HDs . One has LaCretes and the other VGs .

Attached Files:

9. Freezn

Freezn Guest

Ordered a ton of Spruce Point softwood pellets and the kid operating the forklift didn't want to unwrap the 1.2 metric ton pallet and remove 10 bags, so I got 60 bags for $299 ($4.98 per bag) plus $10 tip. Burned LaCrete softwood pellets last year and North Country softwoods the year before, and I have to say these Spruce Point softies burn just as hot with less ash then LaCrete and North Country.

10. Iron Stove

Iron Stove

SCORE ! To bad not near me. I'd shoot 9ver, my truck rides great with 2400 pounds in back :D

Skier76, Russell, Luneyburg and 2 others like this.