In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Lopi Endeavor II

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Gavorosalini, Nov 7, 2019.

1. webby3650

webby3650

It doesn’t have a bi-metallic coil air control. It still has a manual primary air control. On a side note, the new Jotul Oslo V3 has bi-metallic coil to control secondary air. Pretty cool I thought.

FatBoy85 likes this.
  2. Rich L

Rich L

I tried the Lopi Cape Cod for my drafty home.It couldn't help me.So I'd say if your house is drafty keep looking.If your house is tight you've got a chance for good heat.

FatBoy85 likes this.
  3. Rich L

Rich L

Pardon my error The stove that I had was the Lopi Liberty not the Cape Cod.

FatBoy85 likes this.
  4. webby3650

webby3650

That must be one drafty home! The Liberty is a monster heater, not long burning, but’s it’s a heater...

FatBoy85, Hoytman and blacktail like this.
  5. Rich L

Rich L

Ya it's nearly 100 years old but much tighter now than before.

FatBoy85 likes this.
  6. Hoytman

Hoytman

Wow!
    The Liberty and Endeavor both function like my “Solarwood”...nearly identical in that they pull cool air from down low in front of the stove, move that air through the stove and out the top vents. My stove is likely much bigger than either, also made of much thinner steel. The one difference, my stove the air coming through the front had to move passed three fan blades from the blower...which I never have to use...and quite a bit of hot air comes out the top blowing quite hard when the stove is good and hot for not being forced air. This is one reason I had put the two Lopi’s near the top of my list...the benefit of a blower with electricity. Sad to hear they don’t burn too long...unlike BK’s or some Quadra-fire models.

FatBoy85 likes this.
  7. Erik B

Erik B

justdraftn What tips do you have for cleaning the Lopi Revere insert? Mine is fairly new and I will be cleaning it this summer. I clean the chimney from the stove end.

FatBoy85 and justdraftn like this.
  8. justdraftn

justdraftn

I remove the front secondary pipe.
    I leave the middle and rear pipes alone.
    Slide the front two ceiling bricks out over the support.
    remove the front support
    slide the back two ceiling bricks out
    remove the middle support
    I use a 6" long x 1 1/2" putty knife to scrap down the ceiling and sides of the stove
    After you're done, be sure to reach in back where the bypass door closes
    and clean any ash/soot out of the groove. Make sure it seats tight.
    With all that stuff out, you can make sure the bypass door is clean and works well.
    Clean any ash/soot/creosote off the side supports for the ceiling bricks.
    Assemble in reverse order. Make sure the bricks are seated on the side rails and middle and front supports.
    I can do most of it by feel..... but I've done it a few times too.
    Good luck!

Erik B and FatBoy85 like this.
  9. Lennyzx11

Lennyzx11

Just wanted to throw in there that I have a Lopi Leyden that I installed 2 years ago and we use it from September till May off and on.
    Out of 6 wood stoves in the last 30 years, this has been our most user friendly.
    Great stove!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BuckthornBonnie, FatBoy85 and Hoytman like this.
  10. Erik B

Erik B

justdraftn Thanks for the detailed procedure. :handshake: I will print that off for future reference.

justdraftn likes this.
  11. Gavorosalini

Gavorosalini

Id say we are almost done for this years burning season. The Lopi Endeavor II seemed to do pretty well. I have nothing to judge it against however. I'd say the wood makes the stove for sure. Also, learned you cant take peoples word that their wood is dry. Bought a pick up load from a kid, the first have he stacked burnt great, second half was over 30% moisture. I wasnt home to inspect, so lesson learned. I finally cleaned the glass last night with water, razor blade and a few paper towels. Its like a whole new machine. Overall I've learned there is a lot of work involved in using wood to heat, but watching it burn and feeling that heat is something a gas furnace just cant replace. Id say cutting splitting and stacking is my new hobby. I still enjoy it, and I hope that never changes.

Hoytman and Rich L like this.
  12. Gavorosalini

Gavorosalini

Had a chimney sweep out a few weeks ago to do a yearly inspection. To my delight he said everything looked good. The ash that came out of the flue was the correct color according to him. Brown is what he liked to see. Black means to cool of a fire, red means to hot. I was happy to hear it being a first time user.

TBONE and brenndatomu like this.