In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Looking to purchase new Husky

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by jrider, Aug 28, 2020.

  1. jrider

    jrider

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2018
    Messages:
    6,098
    Likes Received:
    42,971
    Location:
    NJ
    My current big saw is an Echo 8000. It’s 80cc, 7-8 years old and has cut a lot of wood. I have a 24” bar on it almost exclusively but do put a 32” on from time to time which it has no problem pulling. My local shop is a small engine shop. They do more mowers than anything but they know saws good enough for me. I was in there this morning and the guy who specializes in saws was telling me they now carry Husky. He was talking up the 372xp but said I may want a bigger saw since I’d be replacing my 80cc saw. Looking for input. I do like dealing with these guys a lot and they take good care of me so I’d like to buy from them. So what’s the word on the 372 as well as something bigger from Husky? I used to run a 365 years ago and never really cared for it
     
    Screwloose, farmer steve and M2theB like this.
  2. M2theB

    M2theB

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2017
    Messages:
    3,004
    Likes Received:
    19,226
    Location:
    Central Massachusetts
    Buying Brand New?
     
    Screwloose and farmer steve like this.
  3. Screwloose

    Screwloose

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2017
    Messages:
    5,633
    Likes Received:
    33,298
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    What's wrong with the echo 8000 that you want to replace it ? I have a couple with one being over 20 years old and it pulls great.
     
    tamarack and M2theB like this.