In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

LogOx

Discussion in 'Axes, Mauls, and Hand Saws' started by RCBS, Sep 11, 2017.

1. BigBlueLogOX

BigBlueLogOX

That's exactly the idea! As I mentioned to amateur cutter, once we moved past just seeing the LogOX as just a tool to move log rounds and load a splitter, we realized that we could add tremendous value to our customers by making it into a modular multitool. We've bundled the 4 core LogOX products together into what we call the Forester Package (use promo code FHC for an extra $15 off), which is by far our best seller. As you can see in the video I posted a few posts back, it has everything you need to efficiently buck up a log, haul away the brush, and load a splitter/wagon with far less back strain. Best of all it's made in the USA, has a lifetime warranty, and fits inside a compact 28" carrying case.

2. BigBlueLogOX

BigBlueLogOX

Hey Fellow Firewood Hoarders,

Last fall we grabbed our LogOX Hauler and teamed up with our friends from Automated Biomass Systems, to compete in the 2018 "Great Firewood Shoot-Out" at the Paul Bunyan Show in Ohio. This is probably the closest I'll ever get to competing in STIHL Timbersports

I've gotta say, if you value speed, safety, and don't always get to split the kind of 'telephone pole straight' logs that work well with a typical wood processor, the increased productivity from an ABS AutoSpilt's unique box wedge design will quickly pay for itself and then some in your firewood business or at home.

The patented LogOX 3-in-1 Forestry MultiTool (38"cant hook, timberjack, log hauler) is the perfect chainsaw and log splitter assistant to buck up log rounds and load it, with a lot less back strain. You can check it out at www.thelogox.com

#TeamLogOX #AutomatedBiomass #Firewood #PaulBunyanShow#GreatFirewoodShootout #LogSplitter #MadeinUSA

3. amateur cutter

amateur cutter

HDRock Austin is right on IMHO about the thought that went into that tool. It's handy as can be with pins to drop the stand & long handle to carry logs. Changes over quick & easy & right back again. I used it on those big Sugar Maple rounds Sunday & it held better moving them than the Log Rite cant hook. I was able to grab the cut face of a 4' round & tip it up without fear of the hook slipping. I'm quit impressed with it. I'll order the pick & bag, throw the whole set in the truck & it'll always be on the job. Somebody that's done some woodcutting thought their way through that design.

Chvymn99, eatonpcat, HDRock and 2 others like this.
  4. Rope

Rope

I am thinking about getting one of these, looks like some good kit.

BigBlueLogOX and amateur cutter like this.
  5. HDRock

HDRock

What is the length of the LogOX Hauler , handle to end ?

amateur cutter likes this.
  6. amateur cutter

amateur cutter

20181225_125834.jpg
    Not sure Ed, I can measure mine when I get back, about 24" I would guess. I know I only have to drop by arm to pick up a log, no bending or twisting.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  7. amateur cutter

amateur cutter

I got mine as a gift at Christmas Tom. I'm really impressed with it. I'd say for the trees you deal with it would be an Ideal tool. I've only used mine a few times so far, but it hasn't shown any shortcomings. In the interest of full disclosure, I use my tools hard, sometimes well past the designed intent, I don't anticipate any early failure with the LogOx.

8. Rope

Rope

Now that the guberment decided to pay its employee's, I just ordered me a Forestry kit. amateur cutter Adam, will see how it takes to Alaska life.

9. HDRock

HDRock

Did you remember to use promo code FHC for an extra $15 off ?

amateur cutter, BigBlueLogOX and Rope like this.
  10. Rope

Rope

Sure did, they look to be $10 off plus the $15 FHC discount.

11. BigBlueLogOX

BigBlueLogOX

I'm glad to hear you're impressed with our design. One of the benefits of initially designing it to pick up log rounds, is that as a cant hook/timberjack it really bites in and holds onto the log. There are certainly cant hooks/timberjacks out there with more leverage (which we're working on addressing) but none with a better grip or an easier transition between the two tools than the LogOX that we've found.

Pro Contractor and YouTuber Mark Thomas recently demonstrated just how grippy it is, as he used it (and the PickOX) to move logs out of a trailer.

Stlshrk, HDRock and amateur cutter like this.
  12. Wisconsin Woody

Wisconsin Woody

I used my new Log Ox for the first time this morning. I just got the basic log grabber. It works great. I'm very impressed with it's functionality. Nice job!

amateur cutter, BigBlueLogOX and Rope like this.
  13. BigBlueLogOX

BigBlueLogOX

Thanks for sharing, that's what we love to hear! :thumbs:

If you ever want to use your LogOX Hauler as a cant hook or timberjack, we sell those attachments individually on our website as well.

14. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

I own a regular peavey but used the log tongs part of it once. Heavy to one side if youre used to lifting with both arms. I seldom use my peavey, but a handy tool when needed.