In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

LogOx

Discussion in 'Axes, Mauls, and Hand Saws' started by RCBS, Sep 11, 2017.

1. BigBlueLogOX

BigBlueLogOX

Hi iBob,

The LogOX shipment arrived in the UK and we've since received separate emails from other customers we'd been in contact with letting us know that they had received theirs. I just send TimberPro's Manager an email informing him of your order status, asking him to follow up with you directly, as well as requesting an update on the overall status of all the pre-order shipments. If you still haven't heard from them by early next week, please contact me directly at [email protected] and we'll get the situation sorted out. Sorry for the delay!

-Austin

2. iBob

iBob

The LogOx has landed!
    All I can say is WOW! :hair:
    If you're thinking of buying one, then stop thinking and start owning.
    This tool is built like a Sherman Tank! Does all the things asked of it and some.
    Snowballs will rain down on the Sun before this tool fails and should it fail (before said snowballs cover the surface of our local star) I know Austin and the team will be there to put things right.

Thank you, Austin. :handshake:

Thanks!.jpg

Attached Files:

3. BigBlueLogOX

BigBlueLogOX

iBob,
    I'm very glad to see that the LogOX has finally landed with you in the U.K. and you're enjoying putting it to work! Thanks for your patience as we worked through getting our first imported shipment to Europe, I'm glad to see that our distribution partners TimberPro UK and us were able to come through for you. Nothing quite like having your tool's quality compared to a legendary Sherman Tank! :thumbs: Thanks for posting your review, we hope you'll enjoy a lifetime of use from it!

Thanks,
    Austin

Just a quick note for our friends on mainland Europe and Canada, we recently added the LogOX 3-in-1 Forestry MultiTool and Holster package to all five european Amazon sites and Tractor Supply Company Canada. We've compiled a page with links to all of them, listed by country, that you can find here.

Sean, HDRock, Camber and 2 others like this.
  4. shack

shack

They look very well made and that they would be very useful for processing my cord wood. Right now the money is more than I can afford. I like seeing you guys enjoying them and getting value out of them. I will keep putting away a few dollars here and there and get one sooner or later....been hit with unexpected vet bills, vehicle repair bills and the water heater died...all within three week period and I have a ton(s) of splits to move. Hope you guys enjoy the tool...just don't brag too much yet...lol.

MikeyB and Chaz like this.
  5. Chaz

Chaz

Sorry to hear that, we've all be there where "when it rains, it pours".
    o_O:doh:

Hope you have a nice patch for a while.
    :yes:

MikeyB likes this.
  6. shack

shack

I know....like last nights dinner, this too shall pass....lol...and I got my school tax bill in the mail this week...ugh :hair:

MikeyB and Chaz like this.
  7. ole

ole

I just watched the Andy dude on Nat Geo's tv show Life Below Zero using a LogOx
    Good advertising!

Rowerwet, HDRock and BigBlueLogOX like this.
  8. BigBlueLogOX

BigBlueLogOX

So good Ole, we had to meme it :thumbs:

HDRock likes this.
  9. BigBlueLogOX

BigBlueLogOX

We enjoyed our first Paul Bunyan Show in Ohio last year and really appreciated the folks from FHC who came over to the booth and met us! We'll be at the show again October 5-7 and this time we'll be bringing more LogOX Forestry MultiTools with us to demo and sell at the show.

I'll also be joining up with Matt Timmins from Automated Biomass Systems, to compete in the "2018 Great Firewood Shoot-Out" on Saturday October 6, 2018 @ 10:00 AM. I'll be using a LogOX Hauler to load one of their AutoSplit wood splitters. If you've never seen what one of their box wedge splitters can do, I'd definitely recommend checking that out.

Hope to see a lot of you folks there, please stop by our booth with ABS/Timberwolf Splitters and say hi!

Paul Bunyan Show Schedule - Ohio Forestry Association

HDRock and MikeyB like this.
  10. shack

shack

Anything new with the Log Ox? Not sure there is much if anything to improve on.

HDRock and BigBlueLogOX like this.
  11. BigBlueLogOX

BigBlueLogOX

Hi Shack,

Yes, thanks for asking. We've been busy this year developing a device that will do for people carrying firewood indoors what the LogOX does for helping them harvest it. It's called the WoodOX Sling, and we just launched it on Kickstarter WoodOX Sling: The Ultimate Firewood Carrier
    If you like the looks of it, please consider backing us on Kickstarter and sharing that link with your wood burning friends. :stacker:

Eric from Life in Farmland tried out one of the first prototypes and did a really detailed review video on it.

[​IMG]

HDRock, shack and colin.p like this.
  12. Sourwood

Sourwood

image.jpeg

Look what Santa brought me, Austin . I also like the can cooler, will be in use whenever I am "wood working " Will have to wait this weekend to test it. I have about fifty rounds deep in the woods that need collecting. Will give an unvarnished review.

leoht, ole, Marvin and 2 others like this.
  13. BigBlueLogOX

BigBlueLogOX

Looks like Santa was very good to you indeed Sourwood! Sounds like you've got your weekend plans all set up :stacker:, we look forward to hearing your unvarnished feedback.

leoht and HDRock like this.
  14. Sourwood

Sourwood

I used my carrier today and moved a lot of rounds. I give it a thumbs up. I am mst impressed with the ease in which it grabs onto and releases the wood. No having to bounce around the hook, or find a certain way for t will grab and not slip off. I am sure a lot of work went into the best placement

Only issue I had was loading onto the splitter table. Had to give it a little extra oomph to get over the edge. That had to do with my height, which isn’t a thing to remedy.

I think it will best serve after cutting up a trunk with a lot of brush around to get through and over. Moving all the wood to a clear area for splitting will be so much easier now.

It should be part of a hoarders equipment inventory. Price is a bit up there, but it will give your spouse a chance to get something for the person who is so hard to buy for, if you can’t quite pull the trigger and get it yourself.

15. BigBlueLogOX

BigBlueLogOX

That's great to hear Sourwood, thanks for taking the time to write and post a review! One of the things folks had asked us for was a one stop video that combined all of the best tips and techniques for using the LogOX in one place, so last summer we created this one:

Hope you find it useful. Happy splitting and Happy New Year!

-Austin

Chaz, Marvin and HDRock like this.
  16. amateur cutter

amateur cutter

20181225_125834.jpg
    I got one too from several family members that went together. Great tool so far. As Sourwood stated, it picks rounds up without any fiddling around. Very well built & thought out. Handy as can be for tossing rounds into the loader bucket. For smaller stuff I find I use the LogOx in one hand & my pickaroon in the other & can be very productive. Good tool to have!

Chaz, leoht, Aje1967 and 6 others like this.
  17. HDRock

HDRock

Does it work good as a cant hook ?

18. amateur cutter

amateur cutter

Yes it does. On 4' monster rounds I still like my 4' log rite for the leverage, but the logox takes a better bite & holds better. The hook design & placement is better.

Chaz, Sourwood, leoht and 3 others like this.
  19. HDRock

HDRock

Seems like it would be kind of nice that you wouldn't have to drag as many tools out to where you are working

amateur cutter, Chaz and leoht like this.
  20. BigBlueLogOX

BigBlueLogOX

Thanks for posting a review amateur cutter! The LogOX was originally designed to lift/haul log rounds and feed a log splitter, without the back strain of bending over. We initially tested some standard short handled cant hooks, to see if we could just use one of them to lift the log rounds onto the splitter. We found that holding onto the vertical handle while lifting was awkward, and the hook only held onto the log about 50-60% of the time. So Jon Roberts, the engineer who invented the LogOX, came up with the cantilevered horizontal handle then he redesigned both the hook and toe piece to give the LogOX a much more aggressive bite. This ensured that it engages and holds onto the log round as close to 100% of the time as possible. In the course of doing this, we realized that we could add a handle extension and a timberjack attachment to the Hauler, using clevis pins instead of an allen wrench and hex nuts, to make make it into a cant hook and timberjack that really grips onto the logs while being easy to assemble, take apart, and transport. Due in large part to the unique hook/toe design of the Hauler, we came to the same conclusion you did about using it as a cant hook/timberjack to roll and lift logs. So we patented it and started working with Swisher Inc. in Missouri to manufacture it in 2016.

If you like using a pickaroon and want to consolidate even more tools, we also sell a pickaroon attachment called the PickOX which turns the LogOX extension handle into a pickaroon and the LogOX into a 4-in-1 tool, as well as a custom bag to carry it all in.