In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

LogOx

Discussion in 'Axes, Mauls, and Hand Saws' started by RCBS, Sep 11, 2017.

1. BigBlueLogOX

BigBlueLogOX

Big thanks to fellow FHC members John and Buck for stopping by our booth with Automated Biomass Systems this past weekend at The Paul Bunyan Show in Ohio, to try out the LogOX for themselves. It was great to meet you guys in person! We'll be at the Homesteader's of America Conference in Warrenton, VA this Saturday. If any of you folks plan on being there, please stop by out booth and say hi.

Attached Files:

Chaz, Hinerman, RCBS and 2 others like this.
  2. RCBS

RCBS

Was great to meet you Austin. I finally placed my order for a LogOx today. I have been quite busy this past week. I left for vacation in the Smokies shortly after the Bunyan show and spent last week in the mountains. How am I always more tired after a vacation than before?

Folks: Austin and Jon are good people. They have a winner of a product in the LogOx. Family owned and Made In USA....what's not to like?? The LogOx is going to allow me to get bigger rounds off the ground and to the splitter than my beloved Hookaroon can. It is built very stout and you can tell when you use it that considerable thought has gone into it. I really like the way that the weight holds with the tool. It allows you to keep the weight close to your side, in a natural carrying position. There is a little tecnique involved in releasing a round, but I'm sure with some practice it will be no issue. I will give a further review once I get mine and have a chance to put it to work.

Thanks again Austin for taking time to talk with me and show me the LogOx and how to use it.

3. HDRock

HDRock

Looking forward to your review
    :popcorn:

RCBS and BigBlueLogOX like this.
  4. BigBlueLogOX

BigBlueLogOX

Buck, it was great to meet you at the Bunyan show as well and thanks for your order! I'm also glad to hear you survived vacation, I know exactly what you mean.

We've been developing this design for a number of years, but this has been our first year in full swing selling the LogOX nationwide. So far the overwhelmingly positive and supportive response we've received from folks, both in person at shows and online, has been tremendous. I've been helping my family harvest firewood in New England since a little while after I started walking, and I know what this tool can do to help take the back strain out of the yarding and splitting process, not to mention assist with bucking log rounds. So I'm always happy to discuss it and show people what it can do!
    I look forward to reading your review!

Chaz, RCBS, TBONE and 1 other person like this.
  5. RCBS

RCBS

Order arrived today Austin! I hope to begin using it as soon as tomorrow. Thanks for the decals and koozie!

IMAG1276.jpg

IMAG1277.jpg

IMAG1278.jpg

6. HDRock

HDRock

BigBlueLogOX and RCBS like this.
  7. BigBlueLogOX

BigBlueLogOX

Looks like now you're all set to head out to your woodlot and get after it this weekend! :axe:Glad you enjoyed the koozie and sticker care package we add to our LogOX shipments. I look forward to hearing how it works for you, thanks again for stopping by at the show and checking it out!

-Austin

Chaz, Hammy, HDRock and 1 other person like this.
  8. RCBS

RCBS

It was my pleasure Austin. I have a feeling I'm going to be quite happy I stumbled onto the LogOx! Already have a buddy begging to try/borrow it! :rofl: :lol: Told him to get ahold of me this weekend and he can come help me split and use it all he wants!

Chaz, TBONE, HDRock and 1 other person like this.
  9. BigBlueLogOX

BigBlueLogOX

Sounds like a fair trade to me :thumbs:

TBONE, HDRock and RCBS like this.
  10. Rangerbait

Rangerbait

Just ordered one of these rigs too...I am working on a pile of logs over at a friend's homesite and have realized I need a Cant Hook badly. My father in law hipped me to the LogOx after seeing it reviewed on the YouTube channel off grid with Doug and Stacy, so I figured I'd give it a go. Double stoked that Austin responded to my email promptly, and hooked me up with the FHC discount after I had already placed my order. I love seeing mom and pop businesses take off, so if this product performs as well as I believe it will, I'll be evangelizing all of my wood hoarding buddies!

Chaz, Hammy, RCBS and 4 others like this.
  11. ChadSmith

ChadSmith

I just saw video on this tool by life in farmland on youtube. I get the impression he is liking his. I like the look of the log carry thing since I already have most of the other tools.

Chaz, RCBS, HDRock and 1 other person like this.
  12. BigBlueLogOX

BigBlueLogOX

Hi Chad, thanks for mentioning this. We sent Eric, over at Life in Farmland, a LogOX Forester Package to put through its paces, field test, and let his fans know what he thought of it during his weekly "Wood Heat Wednesday" program. Here's the really well made review video he posted of his experience with using it:

Sean, RCBS and HDRock like this.
  13. SkidderDone

SkidderDone

Just told the wifey to get me the 3-1 package for my B-day. I'll have it in a couple weeks I reckon! :thumbs: Eric has a great channel and he does honest reviews. He seemed to like it and I think he's putting an OX into his arsenal. I noticed he seemed to be picking up split pieces as well as rounds. Can't wait to take it out for a spin (or should I say my back can't wait).

Chaz, HDRock, MikeyB and 2 others like this.
  14. RCBS

RCBS

Yep, it'll grab splits too!

Chaz, HDRock and BigBlueLogOX like this.
  15. colin.p

colin.p

You may want to fix the link to your website in your signature as it has some superfluous characters in it that give a DNS error.

HDRock and BigBlueLogOX like this.
  16. BigBlueLogOX

BigBlueLogOX

Fixed. Guess I just needed to add the https:// to the front of the link. I appreciate the heads up Colin!

HDRock and colin.p like this.
  17. SkidderDone

SkidderDone

Hey Austin! Got my OX on Friday. The koozie is a nice touch. Can't wait to take it out for a test drive. :stacker:

20171201_141329.jpg

Stlshrk, Chaz, Maina and 5 others like this.
  18. BigBlueLogOX

BigBlueLogOX

Awesome, thanks for posting an unboxing photo, I look forward to hearing how you like using it! Enjoy the LogOX koozie in good times man!

Chaz, RCBS, colin.p and 1 other person like this.
  19. SkidderDone

SkidderDone

Hey Austin! So I got a chance to get out yesterday to use my OX and wanted to update you on my initial impression.

I will have to say that you make a very good product! The fit and finish is outstanding and you can just feel the stoutness of the thing. There is absolutely no Chinese feel in this product. It does feel American made.

I bucked up some pine which ranged from I'd say 4" to about 18" into 16's. Here's what I found:

1. Dragging - This was a very nice side benefit I wasn't expecting. This enabled me to easily move the logs into position for bucking. I could just drag em around and then drop them where I wanted.

2. Picking up rounds - Overall this works fantastic. When this thing grabs it really grabs! I'm sure it was me not using the tool correctly but this thing grabbed so well that I was having a hard time letting go without throwing the rounds. I don't think I dropped one round accidently.

3. The Cant Hook function. Works like a Cant Hook. Was able to roll 20" logs fairly easy.

4. The Timberjack function - Haven't used (old habits die hard). :tears:

Overall I love the product. I think this will add a whole new dimension of efficiency to cutting firewood for me while saving my back. A couple of things I did notice. First I didn't realize how much the holster is needed. It's pretty much a requirement to work effectively. I'd like to see how it works when I get one. Second thing I noticed was two handed operation when picking up the rounds. I was loading the rounds into a wagon and needed to lift the rounds into the wagon with two hands for the larger ones. There really is no place to put your other hand to get added strength. I ended up putting my other hand just underneath the handle and it worked OK. I think adding a grip there would make all the difference in the world for two handed operation. Lastly I'm sort of on the fence on this one but I think I'd like the idea of having spring loaded pins rather than Cotter Clips. I can just see me losing the pin. :doh:Anyways great product and I know I'll get a lot of use out of it.

Fellow Hoarders - Full disclosure :p. I generally don't write product reviews unless it's a product I really like. Since there's a thread dedicated to this I thought it was appropriate to write one even though it was to the manufacture. I have no affiliation with LogOX and they didn't pay me to write this review. I apologize if this review is inappropriate for the forum but I thought it could help y'all out. :)

Chaz, Maina, HDRock and 5 others like this.
  20. iBob

iBob

Will the LogOX ever see the light of day, here in the UK?
    I do hope so!

Cheers,
    B;)B

HDRock and BigBlueLogOX like this.