In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Log splitter cable lift.

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Stephen Porter, Jun 16, 2017.

1. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Id bet the latter. And i dint remember seeing this either??:drool:

But that shed looks brand new

Stinny likes this.
  2. Stinny

Stinny

The shed was built in 2013. Pic was taken in 2014. It's holding up OK but I really should have beefed up the floor more with posts. Lotta weight.

Trailer is a workstation type thing. I wait until I've got lots of rounds ready to split in one area, and set up the deck with the splitter. The lift line moves at about the same speed it would take to bend down and pick up a split, only it can lift 200 lbs or so. I also use it (carefully) to drag the rounds back to the splitter. The boom head is always set so the line hangs right up over the splitter ram area, when I swing it in with a round. While it takes a while to set up, it was at my perfect work height and effortless to get heavy rounds split. It's an overkill, I know... but fun to figger out and use... and saves a lot on m'ole back. Totally worthless if I had to move around to dif splitter areas tho.