In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Local Tsc Selection. Whats In Those Tsc Red Bags!! Upc Info

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by jtakeman, Aug 29, 2014.

1. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

They used to be softwood. I haven't opened a bag top check yet. Looks like I don't have next week of, So I would be testing until the next furlough. Might be Thanksgiving week before I get to them?

2. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

Jay, can I just tell you I am extremely impressed with the Ligs and even moreso with the Hardwood Heats (Hamers?)! Holy cow, initial results reveal these things create fantastic heat and the low level of ash output is very impressive! Feel like I've been missing out all these years! Note to self for future seasons...

IHATEPROPANE and jtakeman like this.
  3. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

IHP just curious, did you pick up any of these Hardwood Heats? I am getting heat from them that matches the best batches of Vermonts I've burned. Wish I had picked up more of them!

4. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

Unfortunately I did not. I literally have zero room to put any pellets. There are six bags still in my Jeep lol. As soon as my stash comes down a bit I will be looking to find those and grab the Heatr's from HD.

5. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

Another price increase at TSC today, right on schedule. $5.59/bag. They have officially surpassed Lowes and in fact, if they raise the price just one more time, they will be higher than I paid for my Okie Golds this year. Sick! Also, when you look up pellets on Lowe's website these days, it says "Limit 100 bags per customer". What is this, the beginning of the pellet apocalypse?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
    jtakeman and DexterDay like this.
  6. PoolguyinCT

PoolguyinCT

TSC farmington CT green label liggies.

They were great last year, notably lighter color now. Last years were HOT clean & and almost black in hue.

Ray

jtakeman likes this.
  7. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

I think they're just trying to slow you :vulture:'s down a little. After all most only get 50 at a clip. Just keep going back till they are gone. ;)

ttdberg likes this.
  8. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

In my travels on Monday I saw some bags of Blazers inside the store at HD in North Windham, I didn't see enough of the bags on pallets to know what they were but there were 4 out front of the store. I didn't go out back in the garden center.

I'm trying to deplete some of my current stock first. I need to finish my garage project.

9. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

Stopped at TSC today. As well as all the usual brands, they now have the Big Heat pellets as well as some TSC bagged liggies that don't have the clear strip around the outside. Same kind of bags as MWP only they say 100% hardwood on them. I returned some pallets. The clerk told me they get $3 each for them. Never knew that before.

Oh and like Lowes, they have imposed a 2-ton purchase limit.

IHATEPROPANE likes this.
  10. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

Good to know they take back pallets!

11. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

Jay, got another TSC bag UPC for ya to add to the first post. 850020 002030 - Indeck Ladysmith. I've heard of Indecks but never seen them before. Must be a regional thing, looks like they are in WI.

jtakeman likes this.
  12. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Sorry tt, I just saw this. I'll add it asap! ;)

13. T-BONE

T-BONE

WP_20141214_17_52_22_Pro.jpg View attachment 40438 I picked up a couple bags yesterday to try, very small pellets seem to burn well, light ash. Bar code was MWP nice pine smell to them.

IHATEPROPANE and wildwest like this.
  14. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

MWPs that smell like pine, that's a new one for me. I read elsewhere someone had a batch they thought smelled like spruce. Mine don't smell like any particular wood species. I stopped at TSC on the way home and all they had out for loose bags was Big Heat and Green Supremes (yes they have returned, ugh). This is a new low.

15. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

TSC had Nature's Own pellets out tonight. I tried to do some quick searching to see if it was worth buying a couple bags for testing, but the info I found was all over the board. What's the scoop on these? Are they Energex, and if so - which flavor are they similar too? Stove chow or FSU?

jtakeman likes this.
  16. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

They are another Premier pellet. Pretty sure they are from the Canadian plant. They performed much like the HD FSU's in my stove.

ttdberg and IHATEPROPANE like this.