In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Loaded truck pics.

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by clemsonfor, Oct 7, 2013.

1. James Miller

James Miller

20190623_180229.jpg One last ride for the little dodge. Thought this locust was all for the day then I found a good size ash top and decided to throw that on to. 20190623_183746.jpg This poor truck is over due to ride off into the sunset.

2. Chaz

Chaz

As long as it keeps moving, keep using it
    :thumbs:

We used to do the same when we lived in town.

You weren't supposed to have any fires.
    :loco: :crazy:

Enforcement wasn't strict at least.
    :)

3. Ron T

Ron T

Everything burns in stark county!!

4. OhioStihl

OhioStihl

I think it’s a good deal. Once it’s loaded it is a 2hour round trip in scenic Southern Ohio roads and across the river into Ky. nice trip. If I torched it I would be over two hours dealing with monitoring the fire and cleanup afterwards.
    I have heard the horror stories of the epa finding buried concrete on peoples property and the fines and cleanup are absurd. These are stories but I don’t know anyone directly that this has happened to. I would think you could find someone or someplace that is asking for fill material. A local friend of mine had the county workers dump soil and road material in a ravine he wanted filled up. Both parties benefited.

5. Reloader

Reloader

Mini-hauler[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Midwinter

Midwinter

Expert trucker level

7. James Miller

James Miller

20190706_141206.jpg First load for the new to me f 350. Terrible pic from the tailgate.

8. GrJfer

GrJfer

I use the trailer for all my wood hauling. Less lifting and when I get into the big ones I can just roll them up the ramp.

IMG_20181202_114024.jpg

9. OhioStihl

OhioStihl

I had to sign in so I could “like” your pic. Nice haul.

10. GrJfer

GrJfer

Thank you! That was from a late winter haul this year.

11. RobGuru

RobGuru

How I used to do it... this was my first load of hoarded firewood ever.
    PICT3414.JPG
    And this is how I prefer to do it now... still small scale in terms of volume per load... but the size of the rounds is typically larger... LOL.
    Score4.jpg

12. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

And it keeps your interior a little cleaner, lol!
    RobGuru, have you ever ate at Frontier BBQ? One of our local favorites.

13. RobGuru

RobGuru

Yep, a couple years ago. Funny that it has not been more since it's only a couple miles from the house. I think I ended up not going so much since I started smoking my own BBQ (not that I'm super good at it... still learning).

I also like the chainsaw carver's work to the side of the restaurant. That stuff is pretty cool! :saw:

14. Warner

Warner

C1DEA6C2-34CE-4396-AE2A-6B58C976B1E8.jpeg Big Tex earning his keep!

15. B.Brown

B.Brown

Does this qualify? R.I.P Neil

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  16. MAF143

MAF143

Last evenings workout.

40 footer.jpg
    40 or so foot of EAB kill.

load at barn.jpg
    This Ash load will go straight to the woodshed by the house for use this upcoming heating season. The stuff here at the barn is future seasons drying out.

load 2.jpg
    The house is just barely visible through the trees.

I have a "new to me" wood cutting / snow plow truck in the works and hoping to get it picked up soon. It'll need a little work, but my old RAM is just getting too holey and needs more TLC than I have time for. If you think the bumper looks too bad to have the ball on it for the wood splitter, if you step on the reese hitch it bends down to the ground!!! The rust holes in the fenders are so big that if it sets for more than a few days at a time in the spring, there are bird nests getting built in the fenders... Time for a replacement. It has served me well for 11 years and I only gave $ 1,100 for it then. Always starts, runs, and drives well, just getting too...

17. Hookedup24

Hookedup24

How did you only pay $1,100 for that truck 11 years ago? My Tacoma is 10 years old and rust will take it to the junk yard long before the powertrain quits.

18. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Look at that bumper!:eek:o_O:bug::jaw:

Chazsbetterhalf likes this.
  19. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

My guess is 11 years ago it was rusted to hell back then too. Maybe he knew the guy who sold it too and got a deal? That truck is like 20 years old it looks like

20. MAF143

MAF143

It was on the side of the road for sale over by a buddy's house. I looked it over, the hood wouldn't open, the tailgate didn't work, '97 Dodge trucks in Ohio's salted winter roads aren't known for being rust resistant..., the heads had the classic cracks between the valves and he had put so much gunk in the engine to stop it from drinking water that the radiator and heater cores were plugged UP... Despite all the rust it drove down the road very smooth and started very easy. He had just put a water pump on it and was frustrated cuz it was still drinking water. I asked him if he changed the timing cover gasket when he changed the water pump and he said "no". I could see water in the oil so I suspected the timing cover gasket (the passages to the water pump go through the timing chain cover and it's gaskets should be changed when changing the water pump). It didn't puff steam or oil on a cold start. So I offered low and we agreed on $1,100. A Saturday of cleaning, flushing the radiator and heater core, changing all the burnt out bulbs, cans of WD40, silcone, and white spray grease, new gaskets in the water pump and timing cover (new chain set while I was in there). The vacumn actuator for the 4WD was bad too so I put a posi-loc kit in it too. My wife thought I had lost my mind. I did have to put a radiator in it a few years later. A few other odds and ends over the years but overall it has been a very reliable ride. Mostly used for cutting wood, and trips to get stuff that won't fit in the cars. Gas mileage is TERRIBLE so it isn't a daily driver.

The 2004 F-250 I'm getting has a bunch of little stuff I'll deal with, but I'm hoping to get 11 or 12 years out of it too... LOL :whistle:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019