In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Little Bitty Craftsman 2.0

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by dusky, Oct 20, 2015.

1. dusky

dusky

IMG_1800.JPG IMG_1801.JPG IMG_1802.JPG IMG_1803.JPG IMG_1807.JPG Yesterday I gave some cherry splits to my elderly neighbors as a gift. Today he returned the favor and gave me this little Craftsman 2.0 with a 10" bar, and a few other goodies! He cannot see well enough to use it anymore, and thought that I would give it a good home. I kindly thanked him, and told him to look out for more firewood to come his way!! All I need to do is fix a busted gas line, but it does work. I cleaned it up a little, and poured a few drop of gas mix in the throttle body and it fired up. Sounds promising, just needs that line fixed and a new bar soon because I noticed the tip is quite worn. It says on it to use 16:1 gas:eek:il ratio, but I researched and the net says that is for old school type oils, and the new synthetic oils should not be used at that ratio. Check out the pics and tell me what you think! I am up to two saws in my arsenal now. CAD here I come!!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  2. Cut4fun

Cut4fun

Check your fuel lines. That and carb kit, air filter crumbles from age are about the only common things that need replaced.

3. dusky

dusky

Where can I buy the kit?

Eric VW likes this.
  4. Cut4fun

Cut4fun

Anywhere. Just look at your carb model and numbers. Then order.

FEEbay, Mowers4u, Ordertree etc.

clemsonfor, dusky and HDRock like this.
  5. dusky

dusky

After some research, it looks like I can get the carb kit for the Walbro wa19a carburetor, it is sold as k10-wat. $5.00 free ship on eBay. I am going to stop by the local chainsaw dealer near me tomorrow and inquire about it and the fuel lines. They always give me a great deal.

clemsonfor, Eric VW and HDRock like this.
  6. dougand3

dougand3

Good score. That little Poulan Micro XXV will handle a 14" or 16" bar if you want.

dusky, HoneyFuzz, clemsonfor and 2 others like this.
  7. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

I see what you did there.....:binoculars::rofl: :lol:
    Neat little saw, girl:yes:
    I've got neighbors like that, they're always trying to give us something for helping them! Best to help those that need it, I say.:)

8. dusky

dusky

thanks guys! I believe this saw is older than me. There is a 77 stamped on the carb, and did conclude through my research that it was made for Craftsman by Poulan. Now I am checking out info for the Poulan XXV, tanks for the info!!

9. dusky

dusky

OOOooooo I just realized that I can swap red/orange parts for lime green! I <3 lime green!

concretegrazer likes this.
  10. dougand3

dougand3

HDRock likes this.
  11. Fossil

Fossil

The fuel line you need is Tygon 3/16" OD, 3/32" ID. Be careful you don't pinch the line when reassembling the handle.

I don't have a repair manual but here's an owner's manual.

Due to the nature of the oiler (tank pressure), loosen the oil tank cap when you're done cutting or it will continue to oil until the tank pressure is gone.

Attached Files:

dusky, Eric VW, clemsonfor and 2 others like this.
  12. dusky

dusky

I just picked up the fuel line, fuel filter, and carb kit from my local shop. Thank you again for pointing out that this saw is identical to the Poulan micro XXV, there are tons of vids and info on fixing them up. Gonna get this puppy running today!

Eric VW and Cut4fun like this.
  13. dusky

dusky

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!! Just did the fuel line. It roars! Gotta figure out why it is not oiling the chain, already cleaned the channel on the bar but that is not it. Still have to do the carb kit, but I am happy with the progress. I filed off the sharp worn section on the nose of the bar. What a cool little saw.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  14. dusky

dusky

Hey chainsaw gurus, is it ok if I leave the two baffles with holes out of the muffler can? I know lots of people mod mufflers to let the saw breath better, and it was real easy to just leave out those two pieces and have an empty muffler can. If you think this is going to hurt the saw I can put them back. Let me know. Thanks!

HoneyFuzz likes this.
  15. cnice_37

cnice_37

Far from a guru but leave them out and fatten the H to compensate.

HoneyFuzz likes this.
  16. Fossil

Fossil

The oil system on Micros is quite different. You should clean it all out and if it still doesn't work it likely has a bad check valve (530069142) which can be a little hard to find at a reasonable price.

If you can't, they can be repaired easily.

17. dougand3

dougand3

Oiler problems on old saws is tough. If you can find a decent used part, they do want a fortune for it. Had a Homelite XL with a bad oil pump diaphragm. I gave up and parted it out.

clemsonfor likes this.
  18. Cut4fun

Cut4fun

How to thread if check valve repair is needed. Login

19. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

I have one of those older saws in yellow kicking around. Its my old work saw I took it home to fix on my own dime to fool with. Rebuilt the carb. Still all wonky? Might need a new carb...I have had at least one that a rebuild didnt work. But at this point its such a pain in the but under powered and since I have a new husky 555 it will live in my work storage shed.

20. dusky

dusky

Got a chance to tinker with this saw tonight. After researching exactly how the oiling system works and what problems to look for, I believe my problem is as simple as replacing the rubber line. My check valve is ok, so tomorrow I will pick up some line and see if that gets this little saw oiling again!!

Fossil, HDRock, clemsonfor and 2 others like this.