In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Last pellet run for 2013

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by 343amc, Nov 3, 2013.

  1. 343amc

    343amc

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,749
    Likes Received:
    5,770
    Location:
    Northeast Lower Michigan
    I'd been thinking of picking up an extra ton for 'just in case' purposes. I got a coupon in the mail the other day, so I went and grabbed one more ton of Pro Pellets. $186.48 out the door, tax included.

    I'm not sure how much I'll burn this season, but I'm estimating around 4 tons. This puts my stash at six bags under six tons. Better too much than not enough.

    Pic is from the second trip. The old truck can only haul a half ton at a time.

    I cut the grass for the last time today (I hope) and hauled all the outdoor stuff inside. Winter can now come whenever it wants.
     

    Attached Files:

    Gasifier and gbreda like this.
  2. gbreda

    gbreda

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    7,506
    Likes Received:
    37,200
    Location:
    NH
    Nice. I am sitting on just over 5 ton. 4ish usually does it but I cant agree more. Better over prepared. I went by TSC today and grabbed 5 bags of the re badged MWP blend. Down to my last bag of last years MWP and I just cant bring myself to burn the high octane yet.

    I did what I hope is my last leaf clean up; maybe one more as a few oaks are still holding on. Tonights temps should do the trick on those. Still have a few things to haul in from the woods/rock garden area.
     
    343amc likes this.
  3. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,312
    Likes Received:
    55,506
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    Please, Don't be wishin that winter chit on us just yet. I still got tons of stuff to do!

    Nice feeling having a full stash, Hey?
     
  4. imacman

    imacman

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2013
    Messages:
    6,633
    Likes Received:
    27,528
    Location:
    Denver, NC
    Me too.....damm Oak leaves refuse to come down! :mad:
     
    Xena and gbreda like this.
  5. gbreda

    gbreda

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    7,506
    Likes Received:
    37,200
    Location:
    NH
    Tell me about it ! Thought for sure last nights temps would do it; but not as of this AM :mad:
     
  6. smoke show

    smoke show

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,983
    Likes Received:
    13,948
    Location:
    Pittsfield, Wi
    I have a stupid pin oak that doesn't lose its leaves until the new leaves appear the following year.
     
    Gasifier likes this.
  7. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,312
    Likes Received:
    55,506
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    I have a oak and a scrub cherry that don't drop there leaves until its freezing out. Not many acorn's this year, Hmmmmm!

    I'll get what I can get of them next weekend and then I gonna act like a big ol' bear! With lots of beer, grub and pellets stashed! :cool:
     
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
    IHATEPROPANE likes this.
  8. imacman

    imacman

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2013
    Messages:
    6,633
    Likes Received:
    27,528
    Location:
    Denver, NC
    Yep, tell me about it!! All I have around my place are Oaks....they're the biggest PIA. I'm still waiting to run the mulcher over them ....hope I'm not still out there in December. :mad:
     
  9. stuckinthemuck

    stuckinthemuck

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,247
    Likes Received:
    15,345
    Location:
    Wandering around in the NH woods.
    jtakeman likes this.
  10. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,312
    Likes Received:
    55,506
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    I got this feeling if they don't fall off pretty soon? There's gonna be some free firewood by the road side anyday now! :mad:
     
  11. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Nice work and nice price!