In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Lake Michigan ice balls...

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Beetle-Kill, Jan 10, 2014.

  1. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    Ok, I thought this was funny-
    My new office help and I were farting around on the internet this afternoon. (pretty slow day- nasty weather)
    Pulled up the "Ice ball" story and watched the news feed.
    I looked at her and spouted off-"See, not everything shrinks when it's cold ."....

    She laughed so hard, I think she spotted. :D
     
    swags and Grizzly Adam like this.
  2. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Must be a " Male " lake,
    it has balls LOL :rofl: :lol:


    Saw the video on the news
    th.jpeg
     
  3. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Goodness,
    Gracious,
    Great balls of....ice?

    Perfect, now we'll be known as the "great ice ball" state.
    "If you seek a pleasant peninsula, look about you".....used to be a slogan back in the day.
    Now it's, "if you seek pleasant ice balls, look about you".
     
    swags and 343amc like this.
  4. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Or, to copy from the song......
    We've got the biggest,
    Balls of them all......:confused:
     
    Gark and 343amc like this.
  5. 343amc

    343amc

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,749
    Likes Received:
    5,770
    Location:
    Northeast Lower Michigan
    I've lived within 30 miles of Lake Michigan most of my life, and the first time I heard of ice balls was the other day.

    Always something new to learn. Although it is a bit strange that those balls experience shrinkage as they warm.

    Sorry, couldn't resist.
     
    swags, Gark and papadave like this.