In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

No Longer Available Labrador pup

Discussion in 'Closed Ads' started by Horkn, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Chaz

Chaz

Pick the first one that runs up to ya and wants to play.
    :thumbs::thumbs:

$.02

2. Horkn

Horkn

Also factoring into this probably even more than looks is the personality. Although both the parents are very chill dogs, so all should be chill pups. I think the red collared one will be most likely to bite at Badger's ears, and be more destructive as a pup, plus he's the smallest per the breeder. So he's probably out.

Purple collar is another one my wife likes.

Probably we'll narow it down to 3 and go from there on pickup day.

3. Horkn

Horkn

That's definitely part of it. :)

4. Horkn

Horkn

That's how we picked Badger. Had the breeder just present the males, and there were at least 7 of them. We had no pictures, no anything with Badger. It was just an ad in the local paper with a phone number. We went and had pick of the males.

5. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

I have been checking out the videos. Those pups are sure cute.

6. buzz-saw

buzz-saw

We made that choice , picked the first one that was climbing up the side of the play pen trying to get out when they saw us.
    Not sure if a good choice or bad ; but he has a wonderful personality and is full of love. He has no clue how big he is and just wants to be with you 24/7. Oversized lap dog.

7. Well Seasoned

Well Seasoned Administrator

X2.... :thumbs:

8. chris

chris

years ago i got the runt of a litter of Brittanies $50. Brought him home in my coat pocket- One of the best pups I ever have had the pleasure to be with. He grew up to be 55 lbs of coiled spring steel and smart. We hunted together for 15 years. All my 4 footed companions have special places in my heart.

9. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Years ago when right after I had gotten divorced, the first summer my youngest came out for the summer. He was 12. He decided I needed a dog. So off to the SPCA we went. Just about the last kennel there was this black lab mix just sitting there with her tail wagging. We took her for a walk and that was it. Her only bad habit was in the summertime she would sneak off to the food shack up on the golf course. They would always feed her hot dogs. :rofl: :lol: once we realized she was gone, give a holler or two and she came right home. Cinder was a great dog.

10. Horkn

Horkn

Here's the pups sleeping after most of the day in the yard. This was their first day outside.
    Screenshot_20200426-154751~2.png

11. buzz-saw

buzz-saw

That one on the left with it's head by the food dish looks like it had a really good day , still has a smile.

Time is ticking , are you ready???

12. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Is that yours all the way in the back?

Well Seasoned, yooperdave and Horkn like this.
  13. Horkn

Horkn

19 days. Yes. We're ready. I mean we're used to having at least 2 dogs. Having had William less than 5 years ago as a pup,
    But there's always something... Going down the checklist.

14. Horkn

Horkn

Possibly, lightest colored one with black collar. I like him a lot. The one below him is the teal/ blue collar, and he's on my like list too.

My wife is on teal, grey, or purple collar, but won't rule out black collar too.

Basically green, red, and orange collars are not on our list.
    I mean they are all super cute. Certainly couldn't go wrong with any of them.

15. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

No doubt, they are all beautiful, but IMHO you and your wife seem like awesome people, so each and or any one of them will be a lucky pup to head home with the Horkn 's in WI!!

16. Horkn

Horkn

It might be... He's growing on my wife, without me asking about him. He is the biggest too at 8 lbs at 5 weeks. From yesterday. Screenshot_20200429-131155~2.png

I spoke with the breeder this morning. We'll go up and pick our pup on Friday the 15th. This will work great for both us and the breeder. She's going to meet 3 of the buyers at the North side of the Mackinac bridge the next day.

One of the pups will go to a home somewhere around our area of Wisconsin, pick 3, so maybe the brothers will be able to meet up in the future?

17. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

That pup has some nice size paws. Cute as could be. One clip i watched, he seemed to be the instigator of the rough housing. And pick number two?

18. Horkn

Horkn

He's usually the most laid back one, but they all have moments. I think pick 2 would be teal blue, which now has lime green spliced onto it along with the teal on the collar. He outgrew the teal collar so she put a lime green one with it to get it big enough and try not to confuse the buyers. Then there's grey collar and purple collar. Decisions, decisions...

19. chris

chris

hate those decisions - kinda why the girls came home as a pair. wasn't my intent but:whistle:

20. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Wife says this is It!!