In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Kubotas at play. Er, I mean work!

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Warner, Jan 20, 2018.

1. mike bayerl

mike bayerl

Lookin' good my friend. That's some awesome BTU's. I'm particularly jealous of you pallet forks. My 'Bota has a pin on bucket rather than SSQA. I'm saving up to convert it, but it's like $1200 just for the conversion, then add on the forks and I just don't have that kind of change in my pockets lately...

2. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

I feel you mike bayerl, same situation about same price. Was out and farmers welder, just told me to buy the "connector" he will weld attachment to bucket should be around 500 done:sherlock:..
    I predict some Google research on rainy day..

fuelrod, chipper1, basod and 2 others like this.
  3. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

So out of wood at house got to 50 with Sun today but it did snow last thursday so
    0422181300.jpg

My girls!! Yes I'm proud.. Then Lil one on left 13 yo. Got to drive tractor and get some lessons on it.. I tried to get a pic but hard to do from mounting step

4. mike bayerl

mike bayerl

Yeah, there s plenty of info on the internets. Apparently, you have to buy the pin-on SSQA adapter for the loader side. Then you have to get a separate adapter plate for your old bucket. There are several aftermarket versions out there and apparently the labor is pretty easy. I live 15 minutes from Messicks. When I inquired, there is no OEM pin-on adapter for my loader, but they have a preferred aftermarket vendor who makes the adapter part which is not cheap but apparently very well made. They quoted me only like 1 hour of labor for cutting and welding the other half onto the old bucket.

5. Maina

Maina

Thanks mike! Have you considered these clamp on forks from Titan? I can tell you they work very well up to the 625 lbs my splitter weighs when I had to unload it from the back of my truck. They’re rated for 1500 lbs but I wouldn’t put that much on my bucket and it wouldn’t lift it anyway. For $152 they might do a lot of what you need them for long as it’s not too heavy. I don’t think I could build them for that. They have a heavier set for about $50 more.

6. mike bayerl

mike bayerl

Yes, I've looked into this. I'm not keen on them because I'm too often wanting to move large loads and I'm not disciplined enough to keep my loads down. Thanks for the input

chipper1, Maina and Well Seasoned like this.
  7. 94BULLITT

94BULLITT

Here is a pile of log that me and my Dad cut Saturday. I used the L4240 to skid them and the grapple to pile them up. I also piled the brush up with the grapple as we went. One thing that made it a little difficult is the property is not very wide where we are cutting. You can see the no trespassing sign in the back. It is about the same width on the side I took the pic from. The middle is road. It made it a little difficult not being able to run around the back at times. Now we have a better system down and should be able to make better time the next time we go. All the logs are going to be hauled home in the dump trailer. You think there is 5 cords there? The logs are 12' long. I forgot to mention, there are some twigs mixed in the log pile. I was careless when I picked them up trying to get the job done. They may fall off when I load the logs, since I won't be picking them up surrounded by brush like I was when they were cut down.

[​IMG]

8. Well Seasoned

Well Seasoned Administrator

Nice! :yes:

chipper1, Maina and 94BULLITT like this.
  9. Maina

Maina

Nice pile of logs! Hard to estimate cordage, but it does look like about 5 from here. 12x24x2.5 maybe? Hard to tell.

94BULLITT, Well Seasoned and chipper1 like this.
  10. chipper1

chipper1

Nice haul.
    It's a solid 5 from where I'm sitting.
    You will have a better idea once their in the trailer both by volume and weight.

11. 94BULLITT

94BULLITT

Thanks, it is tough tell the way they are piled. I was more less just getting them grouped together so they can be loaded faster.

Thanks, I was thinking the same thing that I could tell more once they were loaded. I've never had green wood on it so I know it is going to be heavy.

12. chipper1

chipper1

Very heavy ;).
    Depending on the trailer a cord a load will be a good load, and if it's am HD you may get 1.5 on there, and a big gooseneck maybe 2 cord would be my guesses.
    Looks as though you've ran your fair share of equipment so I'm sure you can handle it.
    Let us know how it turns out.

13. 94BULLITT

94BULLITT

Yeah it will be. I am hoping to get 1.5 on it. It is a 82"x12' 12k gross. It has d rings on the sides so I can put some small logs on top and chain it down. I normally haul 1.3 dry stacked. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

14. basod

basod

Used the grapple to pick the last piece of this white oak stump.
    IMG_1097.JPG IMG_1098.JPG

15. Well Seasoned

Nice piece of machinery there! :thumbs:

chipper1, Maina, basod and 1 other person like this.
  16. 94BULLITT

94BULLITT

I raked up some wood chips, bark, and saw dust.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. basod

basod

Made its monthly payment digging the septic tank this afternoon- well before beer thirty and no sore back:cheers:
    IMG_1111.JPG

18. Well Seasoned

Moving brush Dawn was pulling up for burning this evening as well as moving rounds and splits that were buried under 3' of snow all winter. I ran out of time before the snow came and never stopped.

A bear knocked down a wood rack, my son will stack tomorrow after work.

20180501_183123.jpg

19. Maina

Maina

Nice to have one of those!

basod, chipper1 and Well Seasoned like this.
  20. Well Seasoned

Oh yea!

Looked closer at the forks you got. Decided same brand, tax free NH, free shipping. Went with the shorter back for $ & weight savings. I'll add some plywood when moving a wood rack.

Had rave reviews!