In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Kinda off track but

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by moresnow, Apr 16, 2018.

1. cnice_37

cnice_37

Meh, I bought one, I don't love it. I think it caught on with the young crowd who can't cook, and so it makes something decent and they rave.

It is convenient (clean up one pot) but if you know how to cook I think it lacks. I did ribs once because I didn't have 6 hours to tend to the smoker, and they were pretty good.

We do use the yogurt function, it has paid for itself in what we have saved on making our own Greek yogurt. I am fine tuning my hummus making skills as well.

I'm also not a fan of the claims "it only takes 8 minutes to cook chicken"... yeah it takes 8 minutes once the thing is up to temperature which is 10 minutes+. I find it saves time cooking dried beans and large roasts, aside from that there are minimal time savings if any.

2. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

Larry, that’s why they have advertising companies. They make ya think ya can’t live without whatever it is they’re selling. It does get frustrating. I remember buying one of those juicers...

3. yooperdave

yooperdave

Thanks.

The one I bought for my daughter seems to be fine. She really likes it!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    NortheastAl, brenndatomu and wildwest like this.
  4. Horkn

Horkn

Juicer.. we use ours quite a bit. My bother and his wife have us one for a wedding present. We love it. Yeah, it's messy, but the juice is so good. Apple, carrot, Ginger is one our favorites.

The air fryer makes sense though to for us. You get fried food without the bad oil/ grease. No stink in the house is great too.

Also, we're starting to eat healthier again. More salads, and more moderation . So anything we can do is a good thing.

yooperdave, Thor and NortheastAl like this.
  5. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

Sounds like you did better with the juicer than we did. The air fryer has more of a chance for us I’d think.

yooperdave, Horkn and Thor like this.