In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Just paid my electric bill

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by blacktail, Dec 4, 2019.

1. BCB

BCB

That's amazing, especially w the water heater and radiator. I have a family of 4 and my bill right now is around $90. Thats w a fridge, well, dishwasher, chest freezer, lights and 1 radiator in my bedroom.

Chazsbetterhalf likes this.
  2. ReelFaster

ReelFaster

That's awesome and a hec of a transformation from LA to boonies of MO, good for you!

We pay approx $110 - $115 a month for electric, approx 2000 sq ft 2 story home. We try to be very conscience of shutting lights and other things off.

3. jcronk69

jcronk69

My bill usually runs between $120-175.
    That is with electric dryer, stove and water heater. Have a 2nd fridge and chest freezer in garage. 2 window a.c. units in the summer. Have a forced air oil furnace that rarely runs in the winter, try to run the wood stove as much as possible, but let the furnace run when it's in the 40's or 50's because the wood stove would roast us out.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

4. Eckie

Eckie

Most of y'all must have some cheap electric rates.... :bug:

Chazsbetterhalf and billb3 like this.
  5. billb3

billb3

Officially, my electric rate is 10.8¢ / kWh. You'd never know it by paying my bill though as it is only 38% of my bill.
    61% of my bill is delivery charge and 23% of my bill is my customer charge. ( customer charge is the cost of being a customer whether we use electricity or not) ( the missing % is rounding off error in case you are scrutinizing my math) .

So my effective ( actual/real) electric rate is 28¢/kWh, which is kinda high and higher than a typical Eversource customer because we only use 110 kWh a month . If we used the more typical 4-500 kwh/month that customer charge per kwh would be less and usually works out to about 24¢/kWh

We used to keep our kWh under 90 to 100 a month by shutting the cable box off when we weren't home during the day, we didn't have the extra freezer and were a little more frugal /anal with lights not being left on.

It always cracks me up though when some sales person/influencer uses that 10.8¢ kWh to prove an electric appliance is cheaper to run than gas or oil.

Chazsbetterhalf and papadave like this.
  6. papadave

papadave

Very interesting. Our use hovers around 300, and other typical customer use is closer to 1,000.