It is a large nylon rope. Don't know a lot about it. Bought it at Lowe's when I took those two Maples down at the camp. If I remember right, it was rated at 1100lbs., maybe? I think it is about 1" in diameter. Doesn't take much to pull a small tree like this over. I just used a ladder and tied the rope up above the main crotch, snugged the rope up with the truck, cut my notch. Then made the back cut most of the way through. Put a little more tension with the truck, then cut through to the point the tree started to go. Then moved away and watched it come down.
Oh trust me......I know.....lol...... we'll done brother. I use my truck quite often......but I use 12k aircraft cable instead of rope......
Nope. No thread. With all the work I want to do to the property, and the looooong road to the camp. I decided I wanted to go to a heavy duty truck. I found this used 2012 that is in nice shape at a small dealership not too far from the house. I already had a plow installed on it. Now I just have to pay the bank for them. Over the years I have plowed with several pick up trucks, and several pieces of equipment. The most comfortable and quickest is a pick up. I decided to spoil myself and enjoy the comfort of truck cab. I'll post a picture sometime when I have the plow on the truck.