In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Jeepers ?!

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Interests' started by Mykidsdadd, Jun 11, 2023.

1. Biddleman

Biddleman

What's the story with rubber ducks in a jeep?

Ronaldo, brenndatomu and eatonpcat like this.
  2. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

3. Mykidsdadd

Mykidsdadd

I wave but I wave at everyone out here. Not like Forest Gump waving at Lt. Dan from the pier but in my woods we are all pretty friendly. I get those ducks on my jeep all the time but never pass them out , never really knows the reasoning on that duck thing.

4. Buttermilk

Buttermilk

I had a '57 that we shoe horned a 302 into. That took lots of figuring. Didn't order anything for it just built what we needed. Wish I had it back. Did an axle flip and ran 35" gumbos. That thing would go bout anywhere.

Husky Man, Chvymn99, Moparguy and 3 others like this.
  5. Buttermilk

Buttermilk

Funny story about the '53. Was riding around with a buddy one day and got high centered in a skidder hole. Had to walk home and get his jeep when we started wenching it out. His battery died. Wound up pushing his back turning it around then pushing it slightly in the mud hole to use mine to jump it. Was glad when all that was over. Bout a 2 mile walk home.

6. Haftacut

Haftacut

94419F86-E623-43D1-B962-9E21BA4FF9F1.jpeg 4940808C-5998-4B60-8EC3-53FF25A42BAA.jpeg
    Not perfect but we have fun with it!

7. Mykidsdadd

Mykidsdadd

8. Ward Hoarder

Ward Hoarder

This is a picture of my youngest daughter driving our JEEP TJ. She has been trying to get her hours in so she can get her license. Good times and memories.

Attached Files:

9. Husky Man

Husky Man

My 2021 JLU Sport, 3.0L Turbo Diesel

IMG_1509.jpeg IMG_1548.jpeg
    yep, 35’s will fit on a stock JLU Sport, but not much clearance

IMG_2834.png just out of the shop getting a 4.5” lift

IMG_3143.jpeg
    A Day playing in the Desert ️, Arches National Park, Moab, UT

IMG_7254.jpeg IMG_7261.jpeg
    Yep, all Eight of those fit in the 6x10 trailer, just Barely, picked those up in Cheyenne, WY. Those were the reason for the road trip, Moab was just a Bonus. Sold 5 of the 8 tanks, that paid for all tanks, fuel, an oil change and food, all eight nights on the road were at hotels, covered by hotel points earned at work, made for an Enjoyable, but Inexpensive Vacation

IMG_3227.png
    My Nephew’s 2011 IIRC, JK, He Liked Uncle Doug’s Front Bumper so much he ordered the same one. The Warn HS9500 in Will’s bumper was from the rear receiver mount winch, I had on my old 2001 XJ Cherokee, it was too tall to fit under the spare tire on my JL. If I had known that it wasn’t going to fit, I would have put it on the front bumper of my JL, and not bought the new Warn XD9000i. By the time I knew it wasn’t going to fit, I already had the Bumper and XD9000i bought and mounted. I even had to have mounts welded to the side of the receiver mount to mount the solenoid box, because even that caused clearance issues with the spare tire. I carried the spare on the XJ on a roof rack, rather than a rear mount, so I didn’t realize that I would have clearance issues.

It ended up being a combination Birthday/High School Graduation Present. That HS9500, is older than Will, but being a rear receiver mount, it spent the vast majority of its Life in the garage, not out in the weather, so even though it had been used, not abused, it was still in Excellent Condition. Will had asked about Harbor Freight winches, and I told him don’t do that, just wait a bit. When I brought it over and helped him put it on, he was grinning ear to ear, the Top of his Head about fell off

I bought the jeep with the hardtop, but have also bought a soft top for it as well. I have it pretty well dialed in, but it’s still a work in progress, I have another set of the KC LED Daylighters for the front bumper, and some 4” round LED lights for the rear bumper, and would like to add some air lockers front and rear yet

Doug :beerbbq:

10. Haftacut

Haftacut

Makes me want to get mine out for the season!

Husky Man, eatonpcat and brenndatomu like this.
  11. Husky Man

Husky Man

mine never gets put away for any season,
    It’s my daily driver

Doug :cheers: