In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Jack = Stove

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Greenstick, Jan 4, 2015.

  1. Greenstick

    Greenstick

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2014
    Messages:
    2,400
    Likes Received:
    12,276
    Location:
    Carrington North Dakota-aka-Dakotah Territory
    Just wondering if anyone has experience in the world of jacks as much as the world of stoves. I know there are various traits people love or loath of material stoves are made of steel vs cast. However I am wondering on the handyman jacks/hilift jacks there are two options. There are all cast iron or steel/cast models. Does anyone out there have real world experience with both and what were the positives and negatives of each. Do I dare get a knock off or do I stick to name brand. Won't be lifting sky scrapers every day more like occasional lift a trailer up to change a tire or pull posts outta the ground. Has anyone ever used one of these to winch out a stuck you got yourself into?
     
  2. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,173
    Likes Received:
    166,456
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    I used to be on a jeep forum all the time. I haven't been on since I sold my zj and got the Audi, but I know this came up a few times. From what I remember, if you are only using them occasionally, the knock off ones work pretty well. I've never used one myself, but they seem like a handy tool to have along just in case.
     
    Greenstick likes this.