In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

I've finally lost it, shower install

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by ironpony, Sep 26, 2026.

  1. ironpony

    ironpony

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,749
    Likes Received:
    20,843
    Location:
    Mid Ohio
    So long story short I got talked into removing a tub and installing a shower. The customer showed me what they wanted to do, I objected and they finally wore me down and talked me into doing it. The tub was a fiberglass clawfoot soaker, totally useless. So after a bunch of measuring and continual voicing of it won't work, I installed the shower stall. As you can see the flat in the ceiling is at 76 inches and it is a 8/12 roofline, the shower is 36"s square. After setting the base and rerouting all the plumbing I took about 100 measurements and rechecks then started cutting up a new $800 shower. Well it fit better than I thought and being the user is 5'3 it is actually going to work. Rough install done, finished the drywall and ceiling FRP today, didn't take a picture though I will get one tomorrow when I finish coat.

    PS the customer is my daughter, LOL.

    IMG_1294.jpeg
     
  2. eatonpcat

    eatonpcat

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    10,306
    Likes Received:
    58,732
    Location:
    Eaton Township, OH
    Your daughter, now the ridiculous install makes good sense now! You're a good Dad!
     
  3. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,678
    Likes Received:
    130,976
    Location:
    Vermont
    But Daddy that’s what I want…
    Good job dad
     
  4. ironpony

    ironpony

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,749
    Likes Received:
    20,843
    Location:
    Mid Ohio
    Finished as far as I am taking it, they will clean, sand and paint.
    IMG_1295.jpeg
     
    Woodwidow, Chaz, Chvymn99 and 8 others like this.
  5. RCBS

    RCBS

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2016
    Messages:
    6,387
    Likes Received:
    31,927
    Location:
    Over here
    I'd have to have a chair to use that. Good job making due with what was available!
     
    Chaz, Chvymn99, brenndatomu and 4 others like this.
  6. eatonpcat

    eatonpcat

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    10,306
    Likes Received:
    58,732
    Location:
    Eaton Township, OH
    Squeezed it in there!
     
    Chaz, RCBS, Chvymn99 and 2 others like this.
  7. T.Jeff Veal

    T.Jeff Veal

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2015
    Messages:
    29,620
    Likes Received:
    189,818
    Location:
    Country life, Ga
    That looks really nice. Glad you got it cut down and fitted. Well done, sir
     
    Chaz, RCBS, Chvymn99 and 2 others like this.
  8. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,185
    Likes Received:
    163,775
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    That shower head might spray my shoulders...maybe. :rofl: :lol:
    Way to make it work for who it's for though! :thumbs:
     
    T.Jeff Veal, Chaz, RCBS and 2 others like this.
  9. eatonpcat

    eatonpcat

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    10,306
    Likes Received:
    58,732
    Location:
    Eaton Township, OH
    If you bent down to wash your hair, you might get wedged in!!
     
    T.Jeff Veal, Chaz, RCBS and 2 others like this.
  10. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,185
    Likes Received:
    163,775
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Right?! :rofl: :lol:
     
    T.Jeff Veal, eatonpcat, Chaz and 2 others like this.