In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Its Done Brandy New Harman P68

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by Luneyburg, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Well spoke to the second in command yesterday and told him I have been running for a long time and needed some downtime. He agreed 5 years running 2 sick jobs was time for some Unwinding . Starting today I have two weeks to gain back some of my sanity.
    With that said I woke up this morning thinking it was time to invest in a serious Pellet Stove, so i decided if they still had the P68 and would sell it to me for the same price I was going to go for it. Sure enough they did so I loaded it on my truck and headed back to Luneyburg. Left the Pelpro running while i unloaded and set up the P68 to burn in. Ill tell you I have gained new found respect for the PP 130 as now running the p68 the Pelpro cranked out some dang good heat just required a hell of a lot more maintance.
    I am happy as a pig in chit and really glad I choose this stove, no trim kit or anything else just one beast of a pellet stove. Harman_Home.JPG Harman_uncrated .JPG P68_burn in.JPG IMG_1987.JPG

Deadwood, savemoney, gbreda and 16 others like this.
  2. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Congrats and enjoy :thumbs:

Russell, Luneyburg, slvrblkk and 4 others like this.
  3. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Congrats! :cool:

savemoney, Russell, Luneyburg and 4 others like this.
  4. subsailor

subsailor

Welcome to the Harman club!!!:thumbs::cheers::banana::makeitrain"

savemoney, Russell, Luneyburg and 5 others like this.
  5. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

Go get the trim kit, that stove needs some bling.
    :thumbs:

Russell, Luneyburg, jtakeman and 7 others like this.
  6. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Thanks Guys !
    Now to figuring out the burn of this stove, seems to be very hungry but that is all and well as long as the house is warmed. Open to suggestions on setting have looked around but always open to suggestions. Have not hooked up the room thermo and probably will not unless its the way to go, currently running on stove mode.
    Remember I am living in a leaky old farmhouse so I Need Heat ! and plenty of it , if anyone else is living in a similar homestead and running a P68 let me now what your experiences are and what you have found to be the best settings.

Thanks !

savemoney, Russell, slvrblkk and 6 others like this.
  7. peterfield

peterfield

Sent you a PM.

savemoney, Russell, Luneyburg and 3 others like this.
  8. Rich250

Rich250

congrats enjoy the love of a new stove

9. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Great looking stove!:thumbs:

savemoney, Russell, Luneyburg and 4 others like this.
  10. SKEETER McCLUSKEY

SKEETER McCLUSKEY

now you gotta see what burns best

savemoney, Russell, Luneyburg and 6 others like this.
  11. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

When ya get a lil extra coin. I'd plug that PP130 off in one of the cold-ish spots to assist the Hormone's heat load. Might only need it in cold snaps, But it will definitely be worth it once they come........

savemoney, Russell, slvrblkk and 4 others like this.
  12. BHags

BHags

I don't have that stove, but I do heat my entire house with just my stove, and keeping it running 24/7, except for cleaning, on the 2 setting,( out of 5 ), keeps us warm. Stopping and starting lets everything in the house, and the actual house itself, get chilly. Low and slow....like cooking!

savemoney, Russell, DexterDay and 5 others like this.
  13. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

For some quick starters - set your feed rate at 3-4. Set your temp at whatever suits you, and keep her well fed, that's about all there is to it. The stove has 2 modes. Constant burn, which you are already running in. That mode produces a continuous heat level, and after some observation - allows you some control over how much fuel is consumed, so it's a bit more predictable. Room Temp mode uses the probe to maintain the configured temp. If there is heat demand, it ramps up, if not, it ramps down, and will even shut itself off when not needed. In this mode, it's much less predictable as far as how much fuel you will be using, so keep that in mind. I started the season in constant burn mode, but for the past 2-3 weeks have been running in room temp mode. Try both modes for a week or two and see how you like them. You can also play with the Auto/Manual ignite switch to get some subtle behavior differences. Don't think either one of my stoves has ever left the Auto position in the entire time I have owned them. Have fun and congrats. After you use it for a bit, you will get in the groove and find out which settings work best for you.

P.S. If that stove is brand new and it smells awful, don't worry - the smell does dissipate in a week or two.

savemoney, Russell, jtakeman and 3 others like this.
  14. bogieb

bogieb

Congrats on the new stove. Would be interesting to see an outline on how you have it set up and your house configuration. In my case, just the orientation of the stove made a huge difference on how I ran and if I needed supplemental fans. With the Hastings (not pictured) I needed lots of fans to force the air down the hall into the bedrooms because it was kitty corner and blowing into the dead corner of the living room. The living room would be in the 80's and I would still need several fans - corner, tower, ceiling) to get the heat to move.

With the P43, in the exact same spot (pictured) and turned so it faces down the hall, I need zero supplemental fans and can run most of the time on just the thermostat located in the den.

[​IMG]

savemoney, Russell, jtakeman and 4 others like this.
  15. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

16. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

Congrats! What TT said above, but would highly recommend using room temp mode, could possibly save a bit of pellets doing so.
    I see you're going into a fireplace.....linered? Did you make a blockoff plate?

17. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet

Glad your happy with the new stove.

18. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Grabbed half a dozen 802 to run through it , and yes here we go again bringing all kinds of new pellets to try out ! Does like the FSU Vandy mix I have been running as well, fun stuff something about being a mad scientist and then there is FIRE my life long attraction to it continues....

19. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Yes and Yes , use to have the beast of a wood stove set up the same way and discovered the incredible amount of heat i was loosing up the chimney along with way to much draft, blocked off the chimney all but where the liner comes through and made a hell of a big difference . Draw on the wood stove improved incredibly with no blow back what so ever, use to be able to burn it like a fireplace with a screen .

savemoney, Russell, ivanhoe and 2 others like this.
  20. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Thanks man exactly how i use to heat with my wood stove as my house still lacks a lot of insulation with the rooms that have not been Restored. But as you can see by the pictures of my annual wood pile there was nothing slow always had it cranking (not over firing) but never let it go out once the chill starts. Take to long to recover and even more so now with a pellet stove, while inefficient my old wood stove cranks out some serious heat.
    Annual wood pile
    wood (1).jpg

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    BHags, savemoney, Thor and 5 others like this.