In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

No Issue iPhone issues.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Support' started by nate, Feb 11, 2014.

1. nate

nate Banned

I just wanted to mention a few issues the site has with iPhone. Most of the time I view this site from my phone. It's not a "complaint", just hoping its a setting perhaps?

Locations and signatures don't load. Someone mentioned to me that it will load with phone sideways, but it doesn't.

Edit works when it feels like it. Usually clicking edit does nothing, but once in a while it loads to the edit screen. The changes often don't "take". It acts like it went through, but refresh the thread page and its the original post.

Also replies do this at times. A few times I've taken time to write something and it disappears. It acts like it posted but it doesn't.

I'm on a few forums and they all seem to work fine so I don't think it's on my end.????

clemsonfor and savemoney like this.
  2. savemoney

savemoney

If you have your phone with a plan that has a local rep available, like a major Verizon outlet, I would consider stopping in sometime when the store isn't busy. Usually a rep will sit down and help you learn how to negotiate through your concerns. Why one site and not another, who knows, but I am thinking that if you sit down with them, you will come away knowing what to do about it.

3. nate

nate Banned

I meant a setting on this site. On my computer the location and sig loads fine though.

4. MasterMech

MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

Nate, I'm on an iPhone 95% of the time on this site. What phone and what browser are you using?

5. nate

nate Banned

iPhone 4.

Safari and Opera, both are giving the same issue.

6. MasterMech

MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

It may be a screen size issue. The forum software adjust itself to your screen size and may be dropping certain elements like signatures if it determines there is not enough screen to display them comfortably. I have an iPhone 5 and sigs only display if the the phone is sideways.

Not sure how to help with the edit feature as it works reliably for me.

Scotty Overkill and mdavlee like this.
  7. mdavlee

mdavlee

The iPhone 5 I had didn't have a problem. It may be the phone and the way it works.

8. Gasifier

Gasifier

Ja, I'm on a 4S some times as well. Same issues. Nate, didn't someone use to tell you to get off the dam phone?

9. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

You might want to make certain your browser has javascript turned on as a number of the features on this site use it.

Some browser extensions may also get in the way.

10. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

My old phone had a 3.5" screen just line old iphone4s. I would never see signatures.

New phone has a 5" screen like the gallaxy 4size screen.

I now see sig lines if I turn phone sideways never in an upright fashion.

I am on the phone 99.5% of the time. Its easier to use faster to unlock and get on and can watch tv at same time. The laptop takes forever to unlock the get on. Desktop your over in a corner away from tv and it is now super slow.

11. BrianK

BrianK

That's the explanation I've seen on other forums using XenForo. On my iPhone 4S I do not see sigs either on this or other forums using XenForo software.

12. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Again I only see them when I turn it sideways. My screen is the size of a whole iphone too !

13. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

My opinion one of apples biggest mistakes is not offering a larger screen size and only increasing it .2"s . There call them selves hip and on the cutting edge bit they dont offer a large screen? If they want to keep the regular one thats fine but I think they should offered a larger phone like iphone 5xl or something g with a large screen to could pete with the others. I personally did not look at them and this was one reason and I know a few other iphone users that won't upgrade till they do if ever. And I dont want an ipad or mini. I want one thing for it all.

14. nate

nate Banned

I think its just fine in size, just this forum hates it!

15. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Fine for you and lots of others, but to me its small. After having a big screen I would not go back. All I'm saying is more options would gain them even more market share.

But apple has a problem with being cutting edge coming g out with something a bit ahead of the time and then sitting on the same darn thing for years till others surpass them before they thing about changing anything. I personally think this is where they are now. Upgraded the 5 a bit but not much, basically the same screen same camera....

16. savemoney

savemoney

I use a Samsung galaxy. Seems to work OK for me. Just too slow. I like the Ipad or the laptop, or desk top. The Ipad is so fast, but I do get a lot of errors from the auto correct which sometimes puts in completely different words!

17. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

I have an HTZ supreme and it runs pretty fast but I guess my computers are slow now? my phone is similar in appearance to a galaxy 3 in the dementions of a galaxy 4 and specs kind of between the 2

18. savemoney

savemoney

When computers run slow, and you have a high speed connection, it seems that they are getting filled up with Junk. I will run, MSCONFIG, go to start up, and disable everything. Select apply, then restart the computer. Open your virus protections, It will park itself back in the start up. Now you are go to go. I far as I know, this works on everything after windows '95. What happens is we collect all kinds of stuff that considers itself priority and goes to the start up menu. That ties up the ram which results in your computer running slow. Dump all the add on tool bars. Go to your control panel and look at what programs you are running. Dump the ones you don't want or freeloaded on with other downloads. Also, NEVER open any email you don't recognize. I like the new gmail which sorts out your mail. Allows you to quickly dump a lot of junk.

clemsonfor likes this.
  19. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Is msfconfig on all pc's or is it a download? Are you going to run and typing that in or is it a program or under control panel.

20. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

Msconfig is part of windows. Just type it into the run box or into a command prompt.

clemsonfor likes this.