In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Introduce yourself here !

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Pallet Pete, Oct 6, 2013.

1. walt

walt

A most prized gift

Attached Files:

Maina, HDRock, Chvymn99 and 6 others like this.
  2. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

Give us a toast walt!

3. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Here’s to Heat........... take it away walt!!!
    :drunk:
    :salute:
    :handshake:

brenndatomu, blacksmith, walt and 2 others like this.
  4. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

hum...might have to wait till 5am when walt gets up...

brenndatomu, blacksmith, walt and 3 others like this.
  5. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

If walt raises a toast at 5am, I will miss it...:sleeping:
    :D

6. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

I'll txt you so you don't miss it:whistle:

7. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Yeah, do that.....:mad:
    :rofl: :lol:

8. JRHAWK9

JRHAWK9

To be fair, the 445 is a consumer grade 2.8hp saw while the 261 is a pro grade 4hp saw which costs twice as much. Apples and oranges. It'd be like comparing a 346XP to an MS251. BIG difference in weight, HP and chain speed between the two grades, regardless of brands. I'd take the 261 if given the choice between that and the 445 too! :thumbs:

9. yooperdave

yooperdave

Welcome board ole Now I see from your posts that you have quite a sense of humor. Good.

Your wife's name wouldn't be Lena would it? And your buddy's name is Sven I suppose?

Yeah, we're gonna have fun with this one.......

brenndatomu, blacksmith and Eric VW like this.
  10. ole

ole

Thanks for the welcome all. da UP is my favorite country!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. ole

ole

For weekend backyard warriors the Husky would be a fine saw. I should not have been so harsh. Truth be known, my son gave it to me. He won it at a Whitetails Unlimited Banquet. :thumbs: On a $50 silent auction.

HDRock, Eric VW, TurboDiesel and 5 others like this.
  12. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

13. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Uhhh...probably already noticed this...but I think the dog left ya a yard brownie there...but not on the yard :eek: :fart: :doh::faint::rofl: :lol:

Chaz, bogieb, yooperdave and 4 others like this.
  14. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

:picard:

:rofl: :lol:

bogieb, yooperdave, Eric VW and 2 others like this.
  15. JRHAWK9

JRHAWK9

Looks like it's just a Kong...... :D

16. bogieb

bogieb

That is what I thought at first too.

Then I realized that

brenndatomu and Eric VW like this.
  17. Erik B

Erik B

JRHAWK9 Welcome to the site from another Wisconsinite. I am just a bit north of La Crosse. We had 3 of our grandkids down at the dells last summer for a couple days. They wore us out.

18. Maina

Maina

Hi,
    I’m Maina and I’m new here. I’ve been lurking for quite awhile and this is my 4th post. I really like this place! It’s refreshing to find a forum where everyone is so friendly, or if not they don’t last long lol. My hats off to you all! Thank you for maintaining such a nice, friendly atmosphere.
    As my sig suggests, I live in Maine. Southern Maine to be more precise, right near but not in sight of, Sebago Lake. This is our 24th year in this house. Prior to that we lived in Presque Isle, and Portage Lake before that, so we’re both from northern Maine but were displaced by a weakening economy up north. And we wanted to be close to our two girls when they grew up, and we achieved that. That’s most important!
    I’m currently forcibly retired due to a failure back surgery in 2005, then a bad diverticulitis surgery in 2009. I worked between the two, barely, but the second surgery left me with extensive nerve damage that developed into CRPS. Then I developed Lupus. So it hasn’t been a fun decade for me lol. I’m starting to come out of it now finally after getting offered all the pharmaceutical drugs and got all natural a few years ago. I almost checked out on at least 3 different occasions by following doctors orders so I decided to take matters into my own hands. I’ve learned a lot in my research, and now I’m about to turn 60 and I’m starting to think I may actually get to return to work again before I retire. I’m not there yet but I’m still holding onto the hope. I’ll say no more about that other than if anyone finds themselves in a similar situation and work like a little help and direction I’m happy to do so. Otherwise you don’t want to hear about my problems, and many of you would possibly find my methods to be out of the ordinary so I just won’t go there. Before this I would have thought I’m crazy too lol.
    The reason I’m here is after 10 years of pellets we’re going back to wood, and we’re going all in. I’m just waiting for the spring sale to order my new Fireview, the pellet stove is sold, and I just got the go ahead from the finance department to buy a new tractor. So, I’m going to be joining team orange, probably with a L2501. I’ll be asking questions about that in the proper sub forum. I’m also buying a splitter, probably a 28 ton Yardmax from HD unless you guys talk me out of it somehow lol.
    My background is mostly in automotive and heavy duty, in parts and service, and as a factory representative for numerous big name companies. I started in automotive parts, became a rolling equipment technician in the wood industry, lumber specifically, spent a few years as a millwright, then I ran automotive repair shops for awhile before getting into the parts industry as a factory rep. That’s where I was when my doctor took me out of work in 2009.
    March 1st is our 38th wedding anniversary, and we burned wood for all but the last 10 years when we flirted with pellets thinking it was easier. Not so much imho, especially when you become physically challenged. Those 40 lb bags are much harder for me or my wife to deal with than firewood, and the stoves require a lot more maintenance in addition to electricity. We’re really looking forward to next winter already!
    So here’s my old pellet stove...
    48E0C17E-6F82-4570-A9ED-8F21FBF43D6C.jpeg
    The hearth is now empty and cold. I’ll be asking for input on a few upgrades we’re thinking about and I know I’ll get good advice here.
    Before I go I want to thank so many of you for your experience and wisdom that you’ve shared here over the years. I’ve learned an awful lot and had most of my questions answered already but I look forward to learning even more. I have a few years of experience under my belt too, but I’ve always loved to learn and I never have felt like I know enough about anything. I like to share what I think I know if it might help someone else, and I’m always open to learning a new and better way to do things. I’m looking forward being a part of this great group of friends!
    See you around the boards...
    Terry/Maina

19. Midwinter

Midwinter

Thanks for telling us your story, I can't believe that the "Maina" moniker wasn't already taken! Wonderful that you have been able to fix yourself up physically to the point where you can get on the wood train again. I'm sure people will want to hear about that journey, there is a lot of back pain grinding on people here. And of course, expect interest in your stove purchase/install.
    Do you have your own woodlot? Are you CSS'ing in preparation for next winter?
    Since you are local, I hope to meet you sometime. There's a get together in Whitefield NH June 9-10 at Well Seasoned place, maybe you can make the trip!

raybonz, wildwest, Maina and 2 others like this.
  20. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Hey Maina, that’s some story :eek:
    Glad you’re pulling thru, and also glad you joined us all here at FHC- it IS the best forum around. :handshake:

Keep on sharing, you’ll help more than you might know!:thumbs: