In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Introduce yourself here !

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Pallet Pete, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Woody0331

Woody0331

Welcome from A fellow newby and Coloradan (Front range) as well.
    Let me know if you ever need help removing some pine.

2. Cash Larue

Cash Larue

Right on! Thanks, buddy!

3. Cash Larue

Cash Larue

Hey friends! I responded to you all on page 102. You all seem like an awesome bunch! Thanks for being so welcoming!

4. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

Cash Larue , Good to see another burner close bye. :salute:
    I'm North of you up in Clear Creek, but I know your area, nice country. Some good people here just South of you, and a few right in your neighborhood.
    Glad you joined up, this is a great group of folks. You'll fit right in. :thumbs: JB
    Woody0331 - Dude, glad you're here also !! I responded to your post after that last snow but forgot to follow up, my apologies.

5. Cash Larue

Cash Larue

Hey Beetle-Kill! Thanks for the reply! I know your area very well too! My wife and I snowboard A basin and Keystone all the time. I always load up the skiers and snowboarders at loveland and take them up the pass in the back of my truck!

6. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

That's cool stuff ! I work in Summit, so I'm usually going the wrong direction if I have to take the pass home.
    Man, I haven't boarded in ages, got a new Never Summer board w/Coor's skin, and I haven't been out. Too many people, I just get tired of dealing with the I-70 corridor.
    Let me know if it's cool to PM you. I want to discuss initial attacks at some point- ;) wild land fires?
    Glad you're here. JB

7. Cash Larue

Cash Larue

Hey buddy. Of course you can PM me! I have 2 never summer heritage boards and an old NS system board. I mostly do structural firefighting, but I can get answers from our wild land gurus on the fire department if you'd like? I do fire mitigation, but I'm not on the wild land team. My life is too hectic to get deployed all over the country 6 months out of the year :)

8. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

No sweat, I understand about being hectic when it comes to a FF.
    I was Wild Land for 7 seasons back in the day, CDF in California, Monterey/Hollister (San Benito). I'll shout out in a few, thanks for the invite. :yes:

9. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I only went the wrong way out there once:emb:. Driving home at night in a blizzard, I got on the wrong flipping side of the highway where that funny turn was by Heritage Square :headbang:. Thankfully we were the only dummies out in that blizzard and I got through an emergency turnaround a mile later phew! Obviously I feel bad about it that I remember that night so vividly 32 years later.

Cash Larue , were you on the High Park Fire? Regardless, thank you for saving so many home :handshake:

Chaz, Chvymn99, Beetle-Kill and 4 others like this.
  10. Cash Larue

Cash Larue

I was not personally on High Park. I stayed in the city. But we sent multiple engines and crews from my department to it.

11. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

I have a son in Fort Collins. He posted a pic of the snow he got. I think it looked like a whole whopping maybe an inch. Lol he loves it out there.

12. Cash Larue

Cash Larue

Yeah, Ft. Collins is a long way from me. Ft Collins is a really fun town though! Colorado is great. Living in the mountains can be a challenge, but I love it.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  13. Woody0331

Woody0331

I used to be one of those guys on the side of Loveland hitching rides with my dog. He would be in the back of a truck as soon as the tailgate dropped. I don’t take the pass as much now that I ride mostly Copper but this year it’s going to change with ABasin signed up with Icon. With the kid, we’ll only be picking up skiers and riders now.

Beatle kill, sorry I’m one of those idiots congesting up 70. Although I try to be a responsible and respectful idiot.

14. Rampilot1

Rampilot1

Hello all, I'm from central Oklahoma. New to the wood hoarding, but I like it. I dont think there could be a better idea. We enjoy hunting, fishing, and camping around here. This looks like a great place to hang out.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Chaz, NH mountain man, Thor and 8 others like this.
  15. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Welcome to the club. Bunch of great folks here sharing knowledge and humor. I think you will like it here...what kind of wood burner, saw, stacks, splitter do you have?

16. Marvin

Marvin

17. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

18. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Welcome Rampilot1 we like beer, dogs and a lot of pics. You will enjoy it here.

19. Rampilot1

Rampilot1

Thanks to you guys. I have a Kozy Heat 231. I have a couple stihl saws, ms290 and my dad's 015l. I really burn firewood that father in law buys, and a little that I cut. This year I'm going to get into it and have a couple cords cut. My cousin bought a new splitter from atwoods, I don't know the brand but he said we could use it anytime.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

20. BackyardFirewooder

BackyardFirewooder

Good morning from Central NC. Fire pit in the back yard type of guy here. Do not burn for heating purposes. Enjoy working with chainsaws and axes. Hard work getting it cut, split and stacked is the fun for me. Enjoy having a cigar around the fire with some friends and family this time of the year.

NH mountain man, MikeyB, Thor and 7 others like this.