In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

in the market for new air compressor

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Greenstick, Jun 14, 2016.

  1. Greenstick

    Greenstick

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2014
    Messages:
    2,400
    Likes Received:
    12,276
    Location:
    Carrington North Dakota-aka-Dakotah Territory
    My old pos compressor is on its last leg and it is standing on a banana peel right over its grave. I am looking for an oil lube 20-30 gallon on wheels 110v. What brands have you had and what good or bad does you gotta say about them. Planning on small end garage woodshop type tools nothing industrial use. Occasional tire fill, blow off the mower, air nailer maybe a small air ratchet ect.:coffee::popcorn:
     
    papadave likes this.
  2. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
  3. Boomstick

    Boomstick Banned

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2016
    Messages:
    1,379
    Likes Received:
    4,615
    Location:
    Saratoga county ny
    I bought a dumpy 8 gal 2 hp harbor freight compressor.
    I originally wanted to install hardwood floor with it because it runs on 110 and is mobile.
    Then I painted my house with it, sandblasted a to20, running it constantly (a no no)and use it constantly with my air tools. It doesn't have the cfm to properly run a 1/2 inch impact but works on most stuck bolts.
    For around the house I would recommend it. Not so much for high cfm shop work.
     
    Greenstick likes this.