In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

In SE Michigan and need wood? Call my cousin!

Discussion in 'The Wood Market' started by ChuckinMichigan, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. papadave

papadave

Dude, go to bed.

raybonz and wildwest like this.
  2. firecracker_77

firecracker_77

I will. Had to get up early to take my mother in law and daughter to O'Hare. They're off to Disneyland to meet my wife working in LA this week. I'm a diabetic, so blood sugar issues can affect my sleep. My glucose computer was buzzing last night at 2:30, and then my mind started on the day with travel to airport and the rest of normal routine. Backing up a computer for work, and then off to bed. I don't have one of those nifty nightly backup systems in place. I do it the old fashioned way dragging and dropping files to a portable usb device. :Yar:

Back to the debate over uniform weights and measures that has been raging on since commerce began. :rootintootin:

raybonz, papadave and wildwest like this.
  3. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

on your glucose levels......

papadave likes this.
  4. firecracker_77

firecracker_77

Ha. That's been decided by doctors long ago. Ideal is around 100 and A1C under 7.0 is considered reasonably problem free. Anyone carrying extra weight should try and keep that down to avoid Type 2. I'm type 1, which is a different deal, but all is good.

Back to the debate over cord standards. (128 cubic feet is the only way to play if selling)

raybonz, papadave and wildwest like this.
  5. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

:thumbs:

papadave likes this.
  6. yooperdave

yooperdave

Seems to be the only way firewood is sold around here-face cords. the only thing is, everyone advertises it as a cord of wood. there have never been any problems legally or otherwise, Everyone knows.
    Now if you want a full cord, then you ask for it as a "loggers cord or full cord".
    Just one of those local things, don't know why. It's worked quite well for many more years than my lifetime.

Good luck to your cousin. If I lived down there in that forsaken place, I would be grateful to be able to get some firewood and not squabble about what it is called...I would be more concerned about whether the wood is truly seasoned or not.

Norky, HDRock and raybonz like this.
  7. Babaganoosh

Babaganoosh

I don't understand this whole it's ok not to use the correct terminology thing with firewood. If you went to the gas station one day and they advertised gallons but only put liters in your vehicle you would likely take issue. Even if the price was adjusted for the quantity

HDRock and raybonz like this.
  8. Scotty Overkill

Scotty Overkill Administrator

Well, guys, I'm going to lock this one down as I think the point has been made......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.