for all this frickin snow and we're getting another 10" tonight so I did the unthinkable, and started putting it IN the woodshed
I think we've now had around 40" in 12 days. How about you Dave? Looks as tho you might have a little more? Ma Nature is kicking my azz too. After we get the snow removed... there's no more yahoo left in me to go have fun in it...
Wait till the beginning of next week guys. Another big one..... I'd start looking into the tunnel system.
Yep, it's pretty bad when your driveway goes from almost 20' wide (wider in spots) down to just enough room to get the car/truck/Jeep through.
Same here. I didn't start out the season plowing back enough. I'm lucky to have plenty of room... just didn't plan on 3 winter's of snow in one... maybe I shoulda held off on all those snow dances... Been trying to come up with a "tool" to clamp onto the JD bucket to help knock down the tops of the banks.
We haven't really had enough snow to bother plowing, although I could have on the last snow we got. That was between 5-6", and I didn't bother messing with it. It packs down real nice if you drive over it enough.
I f your driveway is of any significant length, will the county widen it for you? They will do that around here after you sign a release...They will plow driveways only after everything else is done-part of your taxes. We used to be signed up for it all winter long.
I think all we'd get here in Maine are strange looks, if we ever asked to have our driveways plowed...
And in some areas of the UP, they will plow for x dollars per year. Depends upon how long the driveway is. Still, most of that gets done after the roads get cleared.
I'll never un-see that. Someone could poke out my eyes right now, and that pic would still be there. I need drugs or something.
That's a Michigan thing, you make the most out winter/snow/beer (I used to live there!). What's the broom for?
Great pictures! Sure is pretty looking out your way! Dogs needed there own walkway plowed it was so deep!?
It's a path to the walk out, how I get the wood into the basement , stove is in the basement. It does turn into a bit of a racetrack for the hounds, the compost bin is down at the end and the squirrels are in and out of it all the time. The males don't seem to mind the deep snow, they will let loose with their business deep in the snow, the females on the other hand will go on the porch I hear ya Stinny, about the time I get done cleaning up, the hounds are ready for a romp in the woods, but I'm beat. I did manage to make some tracks in the woods this afternoon, snowshoes are a must, there are some monster drifts out there.
Who was it that posted pics sitting in a snow filled yard in lawn chairs about 2-3 weeks (or longer) ago? Wasn't that stinny?