In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

I'm goin' through the big D and I don't mean Dallas....

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Sirchopsalot, May 13, 2024.

1. RCBS

RCBS

She used to beeeeee sooooooo Nice

2. John D

John D

Definitely agree
    Take me for who and how I am now

brenndatomu, Chvymn99, Chaz and 7 others like this.
  3. Jeffrey Svoboda

Jeffrey Svoboda

That's right! Not for what you might hope or think I'll become. It's all about being happy in the present.

4. ammoaddict

ammoaddict

I got married when I was 20, she was 18 and pregnant. That was 1983. We split up in 1999. I got married again in 2008. Divorce is tough all the way around. I pray things get better for you buddy. My oldest daughter said that me and her mom were both better people after the divorce.

5. Horkn

Horkn

I've got no experience and always wish to have none, but some here have and have written some excellent advice.

You've got a great group here to lend an ear and give advice.

6. Chaz

Chaz

Sirchopsalot
    Man, been there, done that.
    It's rough.

My advice, do NOT blame yourself. You are only 1/2 of the relationship.

I did that after my divorce, and it took a LOT of time to relinquish that guilt.
    (Feeling like I failed as a husband)

X1000^^^

Definitely take the time to realize who you are, what you want.

I was always self sufficient, and after being with Chazsbetterhalf for 25 years, yeah.. I've changed.

Still self sufficient, but lacking motivation.
    Working on that.

Once you're comfortable again as a person alone, then you can seek companionship on your own terms.

You determine how your future unfolds.

Keep your faith, and carry on.
    :salute:

Horkn, eatonpcat, brenndatomu and 5 others like this.
  7. Chaz

Chaz

Very well said.
    :tip:

8. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

Man, nailed some good points for consideration. Will reread that one again in the future.
    You're right about the music. I quit listening about 15 years ago.

eatonpcat, brenndatomu, Horkn and 3 others like this.
  9. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

Funny enough, a co-worker said something similar a few weeks ago. I guess I (we all) have the tendency to see what we did wrong, of our faults, and miss all the great things. The 'other' likes to blame and point out our deficiencies and that gets our focus. How freeing when I first heard that thought and accepted it.

Funny enough I've been alone in about every way for several years now: my own room, my own friends, running things my way, just for lack of outside input or opinion. But I have a lot of character flaws, junk in the trunk, that just never got taken care of. If she leaves, I'll definitely take time to fly solo. I think to get involved too soon, or too quickly with her if things do work out for us, would be damaging to my own process.

Good food for thought on all accounts.

10. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

Got that right.
    Love this place (and lotsa folks in it)!

11. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

So keeping a sabbath holy is one thing i allowed work to prevent....as far as church. And in church, we had for years, good support. Once I slowed attending due to work, "our" support turned into "her" support.
    So, work that prevents church cant exist. Especially in a new relationship someday, but also in repairing (allowing Him to repair) me.

For this divorce to be done would require me to be more anchored to this job.

A couple weeks ago I approached a missions type organization. They take time to get people fixed up (akin to a residential treatment model) after which the mission field is a goal, as well as returning to the work force.

They called back a couple days ago, and told me that I should get there when I can, and if theres not a bed for me, they'll give me the couch. (I said id be ok with the hay loft).

Its a working farm (sounds like fun) with counseling, church, fellowship with other men going through things, working together with them, and doing missionary work.

So, I'm liquidating everything, selling the house, splitting the proceeds, and more or less heading out.

Ill drive the truck (still wearing the FHC sticker) taking more or less what I need in a frame pack and a box of winter gear. I'm going to take saws and associated gear, because they use cordwood there.

It will take time to take all my stuff to people here who need it, and affect a few repairs on the house. Divorce should be final in a few weeks, hopefully she is gone shortly thereafter, and I can sell the place after. Id like to stick around and work more, staying with people near and dear to me......maybe a few weeks.

Its 7 or 8 months of rehab/training, based on Ephesians 6:12.

The fire wood has been going to a couple folks who need it.

I just reread everything above, and its amazing how much of it has been true or come to pass.

Love and blessings..
    Sca

wildwest likes this.