In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

ID Please? Coffee Tree

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Grizzly Adam, Oct 12, 2013.

  1. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,336
    Location:
    Central PA
    Happy Birthday to your dad, brother.....hope you guys have a great day!
     
    NortheastAl likes this.
  2. NortheastAl

    NortheastAl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,887
    Likes Received:
    28,161
    Location:
    Putnam County NY
    Thistle, Happy B-Day to your dad.
     
  3. thistle

    thistle

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,736
    Likes Received:
    9,757
    Location:
    Polk/Guthrie Counties,IA
    No luck finding any Shellbark nuts (not even any for sale) but I did score instead a lamb bratwurst w/ brown mustard,sweet relish & bottle of home brewed root beer to wash it down from 2 food vendors at the Covered Bridge Festival.:MM:
     

    Attached Files:

    • 039.JPG
      039.JPG
      File size:
      124.1 KB
      Views:
      1
    papadave and NortheastAl like this.
  4. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Ok, finally got this brewed. Had a bit of trouble with the Perc, but it ended up ok.

    Tastes like a really light roast, almost a breakfast blend. With no sweetener it was very mild, even less than tea. Less bitter too. It became nuttier when I added sweetener and quote delightful when I added cream, not unlike chai.

    I wonder if it will have a stronger flavour with our drip pot.

    To be continued...
     
  5. Gary_602z

    Gary_602z

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    12,340
    Location:
    Lake Odessa, Michigan
    Did you Google it? If I remember it right the beans are poisonous unless roasted! But I was just going to post a picture of some I cut today here in Michigan which is out of it's range.

    Gary
     
  6. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

  7. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    So we've been drinking this for about five days now, mixing it with coffee. 70-75% coffee! using the kaffee, as we have begun calling it, as a coffee extender. It makes the some old coffee much more interesting. I prefer it in a percolator, though.