I saw it on TWC but can't find it online, coming from the south straight up to Michigan. I think it was for this weekend.
I heard that on the news tonight. I hope they're wrong. They say God will only give you as much as you can handle. He must think we can handle a lot in the northern states this winter.
You got a target painted on you, Zap? You've had your share of nasty weather this winter. We are definitely seeing strange weather patterns. 50-60 degree temp swings are just nuts.
I can remember last fall when Zap posted the predicted forcast of a heavy duty winter coming for the northeast. We often laugh off weather predicitions, especially long range ones. Looks like they got this one dead- bang on.
rottiman, I was thinking the same thing. Most of the long range stuff was calling for colder than normal and snow. I'd say Ma nature is making those guys look pretty good for a change. We need the precip., so I won't complain.....too much.
Temps dropping like that ball on New Year's Eve. Already gone down a few degrees since I got up. Brisk wind making it even worse.
This is headed for the Midwest, I think we'll miss this one. I'll take that back, I just watched this video, it's Saturday for us. http://www.weather.com/video/weekly-planner-13716?
I take it you never got a melt after the last ice storm. We had a nice 2 day melt after our ice storm, this weekend we should have another small melt. I'm hoping this ice event will be small. AccuWeather is calling for a light accumulation, so far! http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/slippery-roads-midweek-st-loui/21816161
I don't like this, almost a .50 inch of rain on Saturday, with the ground frozen it could mean problems. Max UV Index: 1 (Low) Thunderstorms: 1% Precipitation: 0.45 in Rain: 0.45 in Snow: 0 in Ice: 0 in Hours of Precipitation: 7 hrs Hours of Rain: 6 hrs
We had a nice warm spell that melted most of it but this cold snap has refrozen just about everything. We had birds setting on the chimney cap last night it was so cold.......
This is for the Massena area north of us on Sunday night, I hope it changes. Night N E S W S 8 mph Gusts: 22 mph An ice storm in the evening; snow, sleet, and freezing rain late Max UV Index: N/A Thunderstorms: 0% Precipitation: 0.71 in Rain: 0 in Snow: 0.12 in Ice: 0.71 in Hours of Precipitation: 7.5 hrs Hours of Rain: 0 hrs