In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

IBC totes

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Ohio dave, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Gavorosalini

Gavorosalini

Unfortunately they all had some type of herbicide in them. Most of them have just resisual in them. Few have more than five gallons in them. Still deciding what to do with that.

I can tell you what, a tractor couldn't come soon enough. Pulling those things off the trailer and stacking them on top of one another wore me out. 20210926_183349.jpg

2. LordOfTheFlies

LordOfTheFlies

damm that sucks. Well you if you can find a way to dump it and clean it safely you might be able to sell them.

Did you do the rolling-end-over-end method to move them? Why did you stack them on top of each other?

3. Gavorosalini

Gavorosalini

End over end and some dragging. I dont have a logical answer for why I stacked them. I suppose to minimize space usage? Thats the best I can come with.

LordOfTheFlies and brenndatomu like this.
  4. LordOfTheFlies

LordOfTheFlies

Looks like you got plenty of space over there. :D Good luck with the new tractor! I would absolutely love to have a tractor but that's not going to happen unless I move.

T.Jeff Veal and brenndatomu like this.
  5. SimonHS

SimonHS

Look on the bright side. You won't need to buy any weedkiller for a while! Decant it into five gallon jugs.

Just check the safety data info before using it and don't expose yourself to anything nasty. Or post pictures of the IBC labels here and I'm sure the members will tell you what you've got or help research it.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  6. WinonaRail

WinonaRail

That's exactly what I do. 3 lag bolts down the center through the bottom into a pallet, top already cut off to cover wood stacked in the IBC cages. Drill holes in the sides to your heart's content. One bladder holds lots of shorts and uglies.

LordOfTheFlies likes this.
  7. WinonaRail

WinonaRail

Do us a favor and go back for the rest! Then you'll feel obligated to buy that tractor... :rofl: :lol: