In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

I now have firewood thieves

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by papadave, Oct 11, 2015.

1. papadave

papadave

Hmmm, not a clue. Never used 'em.
    Totally unfamiliar with cookin' meth.:)

2. milleo

milleo

Me thinks this is a good thing to not to....:)

3. Ryan R

Ryan R

A "no trespassing" sign with a few .45 ACP holes in it might get the point across......

4. hoverwheel

hoverwheel

I think it would tell them other trespassers also ignored the sign!

But how about stapling rifle targets onto the wood stacks, with close groups on the center?

Eric VW, milleo and papadave like this.
  5. Colosplit

Colosplit

Just saw this thread for the first time and I have been dealing with the same problem over the last few weeks! We have an abandoned house next door that was empty for the last 4 years sine the big floods. Some sleazy flipper purchased it for full price and let a contractor (non-licensed or insured) move his old RV to the property while he fixes it up.

Long story short there has been absolutely NO work done on the property, lots of short-term visitors at all times of the day/night, tons of litter on my property (all trash is indicative of drug manufacturing) trespassing and now nightly theft of my firewood!

I started noticing something was up when I saw how my stacks were re-tarped very carelessly as I am particular with how I tarp my stacks. Then one side of my stack was a foot lower than the other. I set up a trail cam and caught the sleeze-ball and his "workers"(addicts) grabbing an armful each.

Next night I pulled my quad around back and sat waiting around dusk and sure enough, I saw them crossing the property line heading right toward my stacks. I wish I could of gotten a picture of their expressions when I turned all my light bars on and stuck a 3200 lumen flashlight on them. Hopefully that put an end to it but they did heat their house for a few weeks on my wood.

HDRock, Chvymn99 and papadave like this.
  6. papadave

papadave

Too bad you couldn't have had the cops on stakeout with you.
    Too many lazy, scummy people roaming the Earth for my liking, but it's been going on forever.
    Even if you rounded 'em all up, more keep showing up. It's the reason we have so many cop shows.:)

HDRock and Chvymn99 like this.
  7. Certified106

Certified106

I would still call the cops and show them pictures of what is going on. Have the cops talk to them and maybe they will figure out you mean business.

HDRock, papadave and Chvymn99 like this.
  8. Colosplit

Colosplit

I have been in contact with the Sheriff in the area and he is trying to help in any way he can. He has been charged with trespassing and criminal mischief but that doesn't deter him, he takes it more as a challenge.

He is currently being evicted but he is trying to stall the process in any way possible. Even went as far as getting arrested for domestic violence to try to halt the eviction but thankfully the courts saw through that scam because his girlfriend still lived with him throughout, so the 30 day eviction period starts again. 13 more days to go until a set out (all neighbors volunteered their time to help with the set out, speaks to how much we want him gone). Let's hope he just packs up and moves on but I doubt it. Just waiting for the next shenanigans.

HDRock, papadave and Certified106 like this.
  9. papadave

papadave

Now that right there, is priceless.
    I think it may have been thistle who confronted his thieving neighbor after he called the cops. Woke the guy up and threatened to beat the poo out of him.
    Musta been quite the sight.:dex::dancer:

HDRock likes this.