In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

I Need Some Volunteers

Discussion in 'Axes, Mauls, and Hand Saws' started by buZZsaw BRAD, May 18, 2024.

1. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

We have several of those saws. Got one mounted on the "calico shed"

2. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Im gonna put one on my bundle wood only shed. Just need to bring a ladder next time. The bay with the saw is getting torn down and replaced. I was supposed to do it over the Winter but it never happened.:emb: IMG_5512.JPG IMG_5513.JPG

3. billb3

billb3

When we were teens my brother and I cut up logs for firewood with one. When they are sharp, not rusty and have the correct teeth type for the wood you are cutting they're really not so bad. We kinda said screw this when Dad got a new chainsaw though.

4. BC Doug Fir

BC Doug Fir

I used one as a kid on green birch for the fireplace. I could have rode to Jericho on it it was so dull. The old man took it to an old timer in town and he did a number on it. Where I now live there was a logger sports club at one time and the price to have one sharpened professionally would scare you. Two guys in the double buck could beat most homeowner chainsaws.

5. JB Sawman

JB Sawman

Yeah but at least a husqvarna would start unlike a Stihl !!:rofl: :lol:

6. JB Sawman

JB Sawman

I used to use a single buck saw at some logging shows when they are sharpened they can cut real fast most of the logs were @ 10 inch diameter to 14 inch for the amateur classes around here it is about 20-25 dollars a foot to get one sharpened if you can find a shop JB

7. JB Sawman

JB Sawman

One more comment buZZsaw to cut with those it is all in the timing of the stroke you need to find the correct partner to stroke it properly :D:bug: hahahahha jb

8. chris

chris

misery whips- that is what we always called them . sharpening and setting hand saws is an art unto itself. I have a couple of 5 and 6 footers floating around, I get them once in awhile to remind why I like those noisey, fume spouting wood eaters.

9. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

Lol

10. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

I signed up for Elm....I'll sign up for giving one of those saws a good try too....