I get a message from jo191145 last night saying he scored some wood near me (20 minutes away) and asks if id like to help and see his winch/trailer rig in action. He then tells me 8 o'clock...groan. Okay ill see you then. Met him at eight and helped load. One group of logs was already down and the other a 15' spar he had cut down. Homeowner had a JD tractor to move it. Some nice primo black locust Fun to "push a button" to load wood, rather than break my back. Almost too easy. Joe and I took simultaneous pics. He'll post his soon. "locust" Joe and his trailer. There was a gnarly Norway maple spar and some spruce logs we couldve cut, but left. Homeowner taking more BL down so we may get a call. Funny side note: i stopped on my way home to check out some fresh cut ash on the side of the road, next thing i know Joe comes by and stops. I wasnt taking any (for now) and didnt know he was coming that way so he followed me to my place and i showed him some of my hoard and we chatted for a while.
That’s awesome that you guys could meet up and process some primo BTU’s. One of these days I wouldn’t mind meeting up with a local member.