In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

I got a bit curious

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Backwoods Savage, Mar 6, 2020.

  1. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    Yes, curiosity got the best of me. Someone had asked me how many forum members I've met so I started counting. Not sure if I got all but probably close and it should be between 90 and 100. Then if we count all the wives and kids, it is way over that. Yes, I am proud and happy to have met all you wonderful folks and hope I get to meet many more in the future.

    I'll probably get to meet a few more new ones yet this spring as we are having a GTG the first weekend of May. But I think I'll maybe make the camping area a bit larger this year, just in case. lol
     
  2. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    I should have added that there are many, many more members that I hope to meet yet.
     
  3. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,645
    Likes Received:
    144,588
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    You are our FHC Legend Dennis!!
     
  4. unclefess

    unclefess Guest

    and a legend deserves a throne :D

    [​IMG]
     
  5. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,639
    Likes Received:
    130,598
    Location:
    Vermont
    Yeah this:D Or as my daughter says the firewood grandpa
     
  6. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    Folks, I hope those of you who read this thread, and who haven’t met Dennis and Judy, will show up at their GTG this May... or any other GTG’s they may attend- you’ll never meet a more interesting, engaging, genuine, funny, thoughtful, caring, humble, honest (look out!), true American husband and wife team. Simply the best of what FHC is; and Fire Flake and myself consider it an honor to know and to have been their welcomed guests. They know no strangers. You will feel like you’ve met grandparents ya’s never knew ya had. We love Dennis and Judy because we know they love those who come to their home.
    Try and make it; you won’t be let down. And while you’re at it, add yourself to the list of folks Dennis has warmly greeted and befriended.
    :handshake:
    :salute: :usa:
    :)
     
  7. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    Well, thanks all for the kind words but that was not the intended idea for the post. Was hoping to hear how many have met others and perhaps spur some on to meet others. Whatever, have fun at it.
     
  8. Chazsbetterhalf

    Chazsbetterhalf

    Joined:
    May 18, 2018
    Messages:
    6,010
    Likes Received:
    39,593
    Location:
    Ny
    I to would like to 2nd what Eric VW said. They were kind enough to allow me their couch to sleep on so I would have access to electric for my O2 machine at night. Judy also took the time to take me into town so I could pick up something for my dog. They are wonderful host and hostess. They even opened house to everyone so they could take showers. One again Judy and Dennis thank you.
     
  9. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    Every time I start a thread with that title the Mods delete it! :doh::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
     
  10. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,713
    Likes Received:
    224,352
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.


    Are you being singled out or picked on? .....give 'em time....that post'll be gone too! :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
     
  11. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,645
    Likes Received:
    144,588
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Pfffft, we all already know about you and your dental hygienist :rofl: :lol:
     
  12. bushpilot

    bushpilot

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2015
    Messages:
    3,240
    Likes Received:
    14,366
    Location:
    Eastern Washington
    Wow, I'm up to, let's see ... Zero! I haven't met any of you yet! My loss, I am sure.
     
  13. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,750
    Likes Received:
    214,912
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
  14. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,333
    Location:
    Central PA
    I can also attest to what the others have said, Dennis and Judy are the cream of the crop when it comes to good people! I'm honored to have met them several times and always looking forward to the next encounter! See yinz in May!!

    And to anyone who hasn't been to Dennis and Judy's GTG, please make it a destination this year! The food, the fellowship and the comraderie are top-notch! The only thing that stinks is the time goes by so darn fast!!
     
  15. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    Thanks Scotty Overkill and I hope Dan comes with you again. How about Joe and Caleb? Do they plan on coming?
     
  16. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,333
    Location:
    Central PA
    I'm pretty sure the whole crew is coming.
     
  17. eatonpcat

    eatonpcat

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    10,279
    Likes Received:
    58,480
    Location:
    Eaton Township, OH
    One other thing stinks...The Porta-Potty!!:faint:
     
    wildwest, Jack Straw, Eric VW and 2 others like this.
  18. Screwloose

    Screwloose

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2017
    Messages:
    5,632
    Likes Received:
    33,295
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    They are definitely the cream of the crop !!!! I can't help think of the toll it takes on them though.
     
  19. Screwloose

    Screwloose

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2017
    Messages:
    5,632
    Likes Received:
    33,295
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    Caleb ever show you the picture of him holding the saw I brought ? I regret not having him give it a try.
     
  20. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    Perhaps we should not have any this year?