In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Husqvarna 55 Rancher

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by DexterDay, Jan 13, 2014.

1. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

If I had a bench it would look like that. I work on the floor a Cart a truck tailgate an temerary work bench made for a house project that became a saw bench till wide wanted her slot in carport back :(

Plans in works to turn a junk porch into a spot for the bench I have on boat shed that gets rained on so its never been a work bench!!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
    rookie1 likes this.
  2. Certified106

Certified106

Man I wish I was allowed to buy as many saws as you all...... :D
    Seriously though that is an awesome looking bunch of saws you have there! Congrats

DexterDay and clemsonfor like this.
  3. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

Buying saws and the wife knowing I am buying saws is 2 different things :)

I have sold several saws and bars. When I sell anything, it stays in my PayPal account. It's not hidden money from her. She knows I have money there.

So long as I am not spending $600 a week out of my checking or savings? We are good to go. I spent a shade over that this week. But sold almost that much.

The 066 I bought is already going to be sold (almost 100% positive) and it isn't even here. ;)

Selling, trading, and buying all come hand in hand.

You have a Husq 450 that you could sell easily or trade up for something a little newer, lighter, faster?

Just over $300 for that 545. That is a good deal. Considering it's run time is uber low ;)

Bet you could get $200-$250 easily (no fight) for the 450. One went the other day for $220 IIRC. Then you only need another $150 cash and that would turn into a 372xp. So you went from a 50cc class saw, to a 70cc class saw and you are only out about $150. (yes, there are places with $375 372xp's).;)

Chvymn99, clemsonfor and Certified106 like this.
  4. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Thought you wanted that 90cc?? Why sell it or u got a steal and are selling it tofund the monkey ;)

5. MasterMech

MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

Love the sign!

6. Certified106

Certified106

Don't tempt me to sell my 450..... I have already been contemplating doing it for awhile now just to try out some different saws.

I basically do the same thing you are doing with your saw but with firearms so I'm not new to the idea ;)

One of my main problems around here is finding saws. I live in the country with the closest big city being an hour away. Most people around here have and use saws regularly and don't tend to get rid of them. Most the saw deals I see on CL are usually more than 1.5 hours away. I probably need to start frequenting pawn shops more often to see what s available.

7. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

Or have them shipped to your house? ?

8. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

I guess that's my problem too. But I am within an hour of the second largest city in GA and work in/around it. I have CL pro app and I see nothing? I chalk it up to were not really in firewood country? Folks here burn wood but more like cut a truck load of green wood a year if they cut their own to chuck in the fireplace.Lots of ranchers and farm bosses t wild things and a dew older husky and poulans too. No one has large saws as there are very few hardcore firewood folks round here.

Loggers use 60-70 class saws but we all know they run them to the ground then use the parts on the replacements till their out of parts or their obsolete?

Been running c pro for close to a month.Nothing but a few over prices 044 and a few other that were "rebuilt" but not a deal. Off I wanted to spend $350 on a iaes farm boss now I could have my pick!!
    Not off CL, that's asking for a ripofd!!

9. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

Never said CL..

I had my 545 (arrived today), an 066 (enroute), 550xp, 2253, six 036's, 575xp, 372xp, 395xp, 5100S, 026 Pro, and prob a few others I am forgetting.

Not everyone is a scammer.

Chvymn99 likes this.
  10. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

I know I met a bunch of good folks off CL, no scanners but I would never send money to those off it. For some reason much more comfortable about dealing with someone her or AS???

11. Certified106

Certified106

Well I watch this site frequently for saws I may be interested in and it paid off on the 460 that MM was selling. Of all the different saws I have owned I would have the hardest time letting go of that 460. By far it is the nicest saw I have ever owned!

I haven't logged into AS since all the issues they had . Is it back up and running ok? If so I might have to start watching the classifieds over there.

Chvymn99, DexterDay and MasterMech like this.
  12. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Yea its up and running. Has crashed a few times or been off since bit mostly running still!

13. MasterMech

One of the new 50cc pro saws will knock your socks off compared to that 450. ;) 550XP, MS261 (either the older version or the C-M like mine), J-Red 2253 ......

I kinda want to try a Dolmar 5105, but my saw budget is a bit thin at the moment..... :emb: I don't turn them over anywhere near as often as Dex does....

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  14. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

Since they went to Xenforo, they have only been down for Maintenance. All is well. Bought and sold a half dozen in the last 30 days :thumbs:

15. Certified106

Certified106

I have a Dolmar dealer about 3 miles from my house and I have never been in there. I really know nothing about them and have never seen another dealer before so I was hesitant to really go down that path.

clemsonfor likes this.
  16. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

Dolmar makes a solid saw. The 6400/6401 will be a purchase/trade in my near future.

clemsonfor likes this.
  17. MasterMech

I'm kinda curious to see what they do to compete with AutoTune/MTronic. They do not have near the R&D muscle that Husq. and Stihl do.

18. rookie1

rookie1

Heres another pic I found. :)
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Chvymn99, Certified106 and DexterDay like this.