Cleaning some stuff out of the shop Worked on this saw for my old neighbor buddy. I cleaned the carb in ultrasonic cleaner twice, replaced intake boot and impulse tube and new fuel lines/filter. It would start and run if the throttle was feathered but stall wide open. My assumption is some/all of the progressive jets are obstructed It had good compression & vacuum check, I'll recheck for specific numbers if needed - but remember its free I drilled a hole in the muffler to eliminate possible issues with restriction there and it kind of melted some of the plastic while idle/testing Comes with the bar & chain(appears to be Oregon safety) and scabbard. I have discounted shipping through UPS so once boxed I can give estimates
basod , our friend with the brown truck showed up today! Kobe wants to see what is inside. Hmm ... Hey, it's orange! Thanks basod!
Today I disassembled the carb, and found some debris in it. Thinking I was on a roll, I cleaned the carb, reassembled, and tried it out. No change. Time to order a new carb. EBay here I come ...
Got the new carb today, and of course had to install it. After installing, I couldn't get it to start for the world. "Obviously something is wrong," my smart(er) side told my dumb side, after yanking the rope until my arm got sore. Took the top off again, and found the fuel line pinched. 15 minutes later I was cutting wood! A little carb adjustment and it runs great!It will be a great limbing saw. Thanks again basod ! Btw, where did you drill a hole in the muffler? I don't see it, but haven't removed the muffler.
the hole is under the plastic, closer to the engine, look towards the left hand side, its bored 3/8" I assumed the heat shield around the upper part of the muffler would suffice for this small saw - if it ever ran.